• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

State Fair Winner ! !

Well, I entered, and won a ribbon on every pepper I entered. First time entering the fair, and walked away with.
1 - Best in Show of all peppers.
1 - 1st place Blue Ribbon
2 - 2nd places Ribbons
1 - 4th place ribbon
1 - 5th place ribbon

First Place Micro Peppers 1" and smaller
White Bullet Habaneros
BulletHabanero.jpg

2nd place 4" and over Peppers
Chocolate Devil Tounge
ChocolateDevilTounge.jpg

4th place Habanero Class
Chocolate Habanero
ChocolateHabanero.jpg

5th place Sweet Pepper Non-Bell
Trinidad Perfume
TrinidadPerfume.jpg

Best in Show for all Peppers
Bhut Joloika ..... But some A**-Hole stole the Ribbon
BhutJolokia.jpg

2nd in the Pepper Jelly
Atomic Starfish Jelly
AtomicStarfishJelly-1.jpg

Congratulations! :woohoo: Refresh my memory, didn't you ask a few months ago about entering a State Fair and have now become the first for our group?

Yes.......I was the one that asked a month or so ago. And I will say that some people that grow peppers dont know what class they are growing. As in there were some Mini-Bell peppers in the Habanero class. There were over 500 peppers entered this year.
And I had to bring more Bhut Jolokiass 2 different times. People went behind the Barrier and stole them.

slyone1000 said:
Yes.......I was the one that asked a month or so ago. And I will say that some people that grow peppers dont know what class they are growing. As in there were some Mini-Bell peppers in the Habanero class. There were over 500 peppers entered this year.
And I had to bring more Bhut Jolokiass 2 different times. People went behind the Barrier and stole them.

:woohoo:

Darn thiefs....

Man - Way To Go! Ribbons at the State Fair - you deserve a ton of kudos. Do you get money for the ribbons also? I made $28 at the county fair, mainly from peppers!

Mike

congrats on the ribbons minus the darn thiefs, If you ask me, thats more of a prize then a ribbon, was so darn good, the competition stole yours haha!

Congrats Slyone!!! You are like a champion for all your friends on THP! Now if you would only wear like a THP robe and would play the THP theme song (if there were one) as you entered the fair............I mean..helluva job sir!;)

fineexampl said:
holy crap! you can win awards for peppers?! I'm totally doing this next year!
LOL

Congrats!

Back