• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

stc3248, 2013 Grow log, Season's Greetings and Season's End

Well here we go again! Those that saw my grow last year know that I was plagued by virus issues and many other problems, but I was still able to pull off the most amazing grow of my life. By season's end every plant was infected. Some keeled over, but others just kept right on trucking. I learned a ton, and hope to use it to pull off a season without that virus making a repeat appearance. It will be tough. I had huge numbers of pods, and many hit the ground and rotted, so there are sure to be some infected volunteers that show up. My grow this year will be MUCH smaller and focused on the varieties I liked best along with a couple new ones I really wanna try out.

First a couple of my money shots from last year...
P1020323.jpg

gallery_5729_53_989628.jpg

gallery_5729_13_2805551.jpg

gallery_5729_13_3096947.jpg

I plan to use a similar grow setup to start with...here are a couple pics of how it looked...
P1000224.jpg

P1000226.jpg

My setup evolved as the season began. I started with a single t8 shoplight...the two shoplights and ended up with a single row of CFL's down the center hooked into a 4' power strip the the two shoplights angled in from the sides. The light from the sides really seemed to promote growth at the lower nodes...so for this year...
IMG_0650.jpg

I bought some more CFL's Mix of 100w and 75w equivalents. The 100w eq were around $10 for 4 at HD and the 75w were $3 for 6 at COSTCO!!! Also bought some splitters for the sockets and here's what the power strip looks like now...
IMG_0655.jpg

This thing feels like its giving you a sunburn from 6' away...I alternated 100/75 on each side all the way down...Instead of the mylar I am going with foil sided foam sheathing...
IMG_0660.jpg

My "plan" with this stuff is to make the Shelf unit more of a grow tent type setup. Hoping I can use the lights and a small space heater to maintain a constant temp in the mid 80s. I am also going to "try" to use magnetic tape to attach this stuff so access will be easy. We shall see. May get too warm...but easy enough to vent if need be. I am going to try to keep them indoors much longer this year. I put them out to early last year, and some of the late starts that stayed inside until the night time temps were higher passed many of my early starts that were already in the ground.

My final dilemma is the wife says 20 plants...and I have all these awesome seeds! So I am going to see if the wife's # is sort of like the over the counter dosage...the full prescription strength is double, so I am aiming for 40. I will start almost twice that # though so if you're near SD be watching this glog around plant out, I will be getting rid of some plants...
IMG_0656.jpg

Well here is the list for now...If something you sent didn't make it I still have them, and will get to them some day. Momma is already pissed! :rolleyes:

Wilds
Tepin 15 (seed train 2012)
Pequin Chiapas (Griff87)
Bird Aji (Seed Train 2012)
Cumari (Romy6)
PI 438638 (Romy6)

Annuum
Jamaican Hot Yellow (My Seed)
Goat's Weed (My seed)
Explosive Ember (My seed)
Tri-color Variagata (Seed Train 2012)
Numex Centennial (the next seed train)

Pubescens
Ultra Pube PI 585266 (SocalChilehead)
Manzano (farmer's market)

Baccatum
Yellow Aji from Peru (Paul G)

Chinense
Giant Twisted Chocolate Hab (CMPMAN 1974 Via Pr0digal_son)
St Marteen Marigot Mkt Yellow Scotch Bonnet (Pic1)
Jamaica Scotch Bonnet (Pic1)
Belize City Scotch Bonnet (Pic1)
Fatalii (Pulpiteer)

The Supers
Yellow Billy Boy Douglah (SilverSurfer via Coheed via Romy6)
Yellow Cardi Scorpion (Romy6)
Yellow 7 Pot Brain Strain (Unknown Source probably the next seed train???)
Yellow 7 Pot (Pr0digal_son)
7 Pot Brain Strain (Romy6 Had some from Jamie and got some more from PaulG)
7 Pot Congo SR (CMPMAN 1974 via Pr0digal_son)
7 Pot White (SocalChilehead)
7 Pot Monster Infinity (gnslngr)
7 Pot Primo (MGold via PaulG)
Douglah (Pr0digal_son)
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga (Bakers Peppers)
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon (Pr0digal_son)

7 Pot Barrackpore (soon to arrive from DocNrock :dance: )
HP22B aka Carolina Reaper (soon to arrive from DocNrock :dance: )

Ummm...I count 32ish varieties. May scrub a couple off, but may not!!! Thinking I can get by with the Ornamentals and Wilds as long as I keep them small and Bonchi them to look perdy for Momma??? :rofl:

I think I will skip most all of the grocery store available varieties this year so I can grow more of the good stuff...That's if for now everybody! Hope you all have a great season!!!

Shane

Dang man, you got it going on. Fatalii as has been said looks great and I can't wait to see hoe Jamie's Mysteries come out but he has me watching that yellow (or not yellow) Primo growing :)

Great info on the drying temp Shane, think I've been drying a little high but smoking at about the right place. I can get a good 4 hour smoke at 110 degrees with the electric one.

Cheers Bro,

OK stupid question(s) time.

I've never made powder and of course want to. Using dehydrator versus sun drying on a screen? Is this for proper color or?

What kind of wood do you smoke with? Or recommend?

Have a great weekend!

Looks like your plants are kicking ass man!
They sure are! I am really liking how things are shaping us so far!

Everything looks awesome, as usual! Love the look of those Belize Scotch Bonnets! Your stripping/topping experiment has me wondering if I should try that on a few of my extra. It sure seems to be working for you!

I am wondering if some of the smoke from the Cali fires made it here already. The wind was blowing hard all night, and this afternoon is was so hazy that I couldn't even see the mountain ridge right across from us, and it smelled like smoke. I checked around online and couldn't find any reports of a local fire though.
Thanks Bonnie! I wish I had your diligence for keeping things organized and tidy...I "clean up the yard" and "weed the garden" and come back out 5 minutes later to see all kind of crap and weeds that I didn't notice before. Without the weather my grow would be unimpressive, so you low-zone folks get a tip of my hat! I don't know if the smoke was from here or not. Luckily we got a wet front that helped us get them under control out here. Topping works, and I do believe it will make for bigger harvests, but it does set them back a bit.

Plants looking awesome and the proof is in dem trunks … they are fat azz trunks mon, wow! Good luck on your bamboo & duck tape rocket and don’t forget the space shot pics, lolz … BTW love dat shot of the jungle around the pool \o/
Thanks Ramon! The "trunks" are freakishly big this year so I shoudn't have to worry about them snapping off, side branches will be lost to the dogs running through them though...my pool, ughhhh. I hate that thing. Green again! Mama tries while I am gone, but just forgets to put the chlorine in. The landlord won't invest in an auto chlorinator...and the floater just don't cut it. Ughhh

Plants are looking great! I can see now you timed them just right, they were ready to hit the ground running and have done just that. That Scotch Bonnet is looking like it's ready to show some color.

Hmmm... wondering if Porter helps with the fertilizing? Haha!

Good job!
Thanks Scott. Timing was pretty much spot on! Pot size, grow room...everything just seems to have come together just right. I hope everything keeps tracking. After last year's ups and downs I keep waiting for the big bummer to arrive!

There is a signature odor around a few of the containers...hmmm.

that Fatalii is looking nice and bushy! wow - again, I hope it grows true. I will say this, the ones I had last year were awesome plants, huge, nice and green - so signs are good for you.
Love the Manzanos too. Beautiful plants, tasty pods...

And the Porter jokes just do not get old for me.
True or not Andy...it's one killer plant! Although I regretted a couple "nots" at first last season, they taught me something...sometimes the nots turn out cooler than the real thing...I am with you and hope it grows true, but if it doesn't it may be something nobody else has grown before...then we can name it something cool. Ummm Michigan Creeper??? Oh even better Much-ee-gun Preacher!

Wow, the plants are looking Amazing. Even Porter seems impressed. You will need a ladder to harvest some of those.
Porter is definitely unimpressed...unless its a scratch behind the ear, ball, food or a soft, cool spot to lay down. It is unimportant! I sure hope you're right on the ladder...especially on the contest plants!

All is looking awesome, Shane. Had to go back a couple of pages to make sure I caught all the updates. Did your overwatering issue ever get corrected on the one plant? You're such a slave driver, working those little puppies so hard on such a hot day pulling up that stump. ;)

All the plants are looking incredible. Especially love the 7 Pot White. Mine looks similar, with flowers bunched at all the nodes. The unripe pods are very pale green. Happy to see you are growing this variety, as well. Duffy doesn't believe there is a 7 Pot White and that these are just Giant White Habs. It will be interesting to compare pods from all of the 7 Pot Whites on the board and see if they truly have 7 Pot features.

Glad to see the HP22B doing so well for you. How is the Barrackpore doing? The mystery annuums look great, as do the Goat's Weed and the PI. Keep it up, my man! You're hitting warp drive! Glad to see there is no sign of the mottle virus this year!

EDIT: Just saw you had an update on this page, too! Nice. That BCSB is loaded up, man! And love the Manzano flower. Yellow Aji is movin on up and I think Porter is about to submit to the pepper forest surrounding the pool. Truly awesome growing, bro!
Hey Doc! I did fix the watering issues with the auto system. Then some rains moved in as you know, so they're still overwatered. It should start to fix itself with the more seasonal temps in the forecast. Those pups do have a ruff life for sure. I am liking the looks of the 7 White also...Duffy has a lot of thoughts I just like growing plants...I do agree that the strain names are a bit out of control on some of these, and may be more a product of their environment than a new strain, but hey...hype sells seed! Sold seeds are $$$ so it will continue. Kinda miss the days when there were Jals, Cayennes and Bells...and I didn't need to plant tepins or pequins because all I had to do is follow a fence line to find some. Don't wanna go back there, I love the new varieties, but to read some of the threads on here that get so ugly over this stuff is a PIA! I have 2 "22s" going and they are doing awesome! The one and only Barrackpore is doing just as well, pic to follow! Porter is just layin low...waiting for his next opportunity to strike!

That there is some great information! Thanks for posting it!!

Now I need to obtain a smoker :)

Go to the pet store, buy a few house geckos (the kind that have suction cup feet), and release them into your house :)
No spiders or creepy crawlies will be lurking after that.
But you will have geckos running around loose...LOL
A charcoal grill will work ok for smoking pods. Small fire on one side, pods on the other with a tin can full of water above the fire. Add chunks of wood as you go to smoke it up in there...Pia, leave them poor spiders alone...

Beautiful plants. That Fatalii looks like a thick lush salad ready for some dressin'. :)

The pheno thinks it's a tree!!!
I think Romy's mystery is a tree!!! Thanks for stopping in SS! We haven't crossed paths much, but some of what I got going has your name on it!

Just amazing growth my brother. Can't believe how tall the mystery plants are already :crazy: . One plant looks like it's mother, the other it's papa ;)

The pods that are growing upright look spot on to the mother plant. Can't wait to see how they turn out . And they should turn black on the tops( sunburn) just like a typical goats weed pod. Time will tell.

Have a safe weekend :fireball:
I hope they blacken...no sign of it yet. Sure am glad I decided to give them a go this season!

Think that's 10 so I will quote more later...limits on quotes??? Why??? Hmmmmm....

Anyway, not much change out there, just bigger, more pods setting where they've been setting, a few new plants setting some pods and MANY more threatening to...I know heard that all before. 10 day has highs around or above 80 every day, so I should see some good things happen out there. Night time temps still in the 50s...but hey, that ain't 40's anymore so I am good with it! Most of the plants won't start setting in big numbers until that night time number is in the 60's, but there are a bunch that just don't seem to care!

Posting up some of the less photo'd plants...
gallery_5729_82_3108269.jpg

Barrackpore (DocNrock) It's flowering under there, but you're gonna have to just trust me on that. Kinda hard to see with all the beautiful green in the way!

gallery_5729_82_744729.jpg

Yellow 7 Pot Brain Strain

gallery_5729_82_2897798.jpg

7 Pot Rennie (Armac via KingDenniz)

gallery_5729_82_1926939.jpg

7 Pot Bubble Gum (KingDenniz)

gallery_5729_82_1520485.jpg

Poblano and a couple sweet peppers from store bought pods.

gallery_5729_82_4911071.jpg

Yellow Cardi Scorpion(Romy6)...most of the first pods look like this, smooth and odd shaped, but some of the new ones are looking like they may grow more true to form.

gallery_5729_82_1612293.jpg

First pods are forming on the Yellow Brain!!!

gallery_5729_82_178974.jpg

How's about some perdies! Numex Centennial

Last but not least, I broke out some of last year's pods. I have made some hot salt...and some pretty darn hot salt. These are going to be REALLY hot salt and stupid hot salt!
gallery_5729_82_3794983.jpg

In the bowl are Devil's Tongues Stemmed and mostly seeded...on the board BRAINS!!!

gallery_5729_82_2604602.jpg

These were the last I pulled when I was taking up the plants...some not quite ripe...bet they're still hot though whatta you bet???

They all were smoked in the electric for a couple hours then I shut it off and let them stay in there last night...into the dehydrator this morning!

Have a great weekend errybody!
Shane

Shane, when I had a pool back in San Antonio I started putting a couple if tab in the catch basket in the pump each week in addition to the floater and it really helped a lot. Just a thought.

That is really going to be some hit salt, bro. Do you use Kosher, sea salt or just regular table junk when you make it?

Dude, your "less photographed" plants are nonetheless highly photogenic! Barrackpore looks great. The two I have growing are both bushy like that, and one is an OW. I see a ripening Yellow Cardi Scorp...nice! That smoked Brain salt is going to kick axx!

I am growing the Red Devil's Tongue, but have no idea how hot it is. Obviously not a super, but what would you give it heat-wise? Should make some awesome salt, as well!

Looks great, bro!

Shane, Everything looks great as expected, even the ones that don’t run in THP photo limelight, hehe. I like how you were able to keep some color on the peppers after smoking them, what temp did you run at?

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]I have made some hot salt...and some pretty darn hot salt. These are going to be REALLY hot salt and stupid hot salt![/background]

I have some hot salt I made last year with some Bhuts. It isn't very hot, at least not to a pepper addict. I'll be following your exploits for the stupid hot salt. That looks like it will be good. yummy, I'm thinking home made french fries with a crack or two of stupid hot salt on them. It should at least keep my wife from eating them all. :D

Dang man, you got it going on. Fatalii as has been said looks great and I can't wait to see hoe Jamie's Mysteries come out but he has me watching that yellow (or not yellow) Primo growing :)

Great info on the drying temp Shane, think I've been drying a little high but smoking at about the right place. I can get a good 4 hour smoke at 110 degrees with the electric one.

Cheers Bro,
Shane, when I had a pool back in San Antonio I started putting a couple if tab in the catch basket in the pump each week in addition to the floater and it really helped a lot. Just a thought.

That is really going to be some hit salt, bro. Do you use Kosher, sea salt or just regular table junk when you make it?
I've tried that, but have switched to mainly liquid chlorine because otherwise your pool ends up over-stabilized due to the additives...Sea Salt is the salt of choice. The coarse stuff.

OK stupid question(s) time.

I've never made powder and of course want to. Using dehydrator versus sun drying on a screen? Is this for proper color or?

What kind of wood do you smoke with? Or recommend?

Have a great weekend!
I use different woods, but my go-to's are Apple, Hickory and Mesquite...or a blend of those. The batch last night got a 50/50 mix of Apple and Mesquite. The cooler the drying temp the better the color stays true to the pod. So if you're going for a vibrant color, hard to beat air/sun dried. The dehydrator just expedites things. I have also spread them on a glass table outside to dry and the do fine with that too, but I still finish with a few hours in the dehydrator to prevent clumping once powdered.

I am convinced Porter secretly loves peppers...lol
Since he is caught posing next to them for photos consistently ;)
He could really give a crap less. We took the old man on about a 3 mile hike around the lake today and he was struggling. We don't walk him much, so aside from a few tosses of the ball he's just lazy. Still in great shape for an old man..."Sit" and "Stay" are the only commands he's really good at it. He wouldn't stand there unless he was certain I was going to toss him the B-a-double hockey sticks after.

Dude, your "less photographed" plants are nonetheless highly photogenic! Barrackpore looks great. The two I have growing are both bushy like that, and one is an OW. I see a ripening Yellow Cardi Scorp...nice! That smoked Brain salt is going to kick axx!

I am growing the Red Devil's Tongue, but have no idea how hot it is. Obviously not a super, but what would you give it heat-wise? Should make some awesome salt, as well!

Looks great, bro!
Yeah...there are still some I have not updated in a spell...primos, brains, charapita...sure there are more. None look too bad, just not a lot happening with them yet...buds are forming though, so they'll get their "shots!" Both my Devil's Tongues last year were supposed to be brown...one was but the other was red. They were both pretty damn hot! Whether or not they're a super is not for me to decide, but I wouldn't stand in line to eat them straight up! I would say the heat on the ones I grew were real close to bhut level...but the scoville scale would argue.

Any pods on the bubblegum yet I'm growing them as a late season grow
No pods, it was a late addition to the list this year, budding up nicely and should have some open in a week or two. Looks to be a really cool plant! Really excited about all the new varieties I am trying this season.

Shane, Everything looks great as expected, even the ones that don’t run in THP photo limelight, hehe. I like how you were able to keep some color on the peppers after smoking them, what temp did you run at?
Those were pre-smoked freshly thawed. I have some post smoke pics and will update the process as I go.

I have some hot salt I made last year with some Bhuts. It isn't very hot, at least not to a pepper addict. I'll be following your exploits for the stupid hot salt. That looks like it will be good. yummy, I'm thinking home made french fries with a crack or two of stupid hot salt on them. It should at least keep my wife from eating them all. :D
My "salts" are only maybe 1 part salt to 4 or 5 parts powder...or more. So more powder with a little salt rather than other way around. I also add some seasonings...will update as I go along.

Here are a few bonus photos from yesterday and how the smoked peppers looked this morning...
gallery_5729_82_2292209.jpg

Another view under the skirt of the Yellow Cardi Scorpion...

gallery_5729_82_957086.jpg

7 Pot Congo SR (CMPMan 1974 via Pr0digal_son) bushing out...

gallery_5729_82_276559.jpg

Here is a small disappointment...supposed to be "spoon" tomatoes from Reimer Seeds...more just small cherry type. Hope they at least taste good!

gallery_5729_82_1931940.jpg

Here is a signature Porter shot...in front of some Gladiolus

gallery_5729_82_2270049.jpg

And the classic Stank-Eye in front of the Mystery pepper...Yup there's a ripe one or two on the PI438638

gallery_5729_82_5002088.jpg

and here are the pods post smoking...4 trays full total, got them drying on turbo so maybe tomorrow afternoon I can wrap up this series with the powdering process...

Once again thanks for stopping in! I got some serious yard work to do out there...Maybe I can come up with a good "critter" pic!
Shane

Wow Shane, killer updates today!

Thanks for answering my powder questions.

Here is a small disappointment...supposed to be "spoon" tomatoes from Reimer Seeds...more just small cherry type.

I'm thinking they are spoons, and you just treated them the same as your peppers ;) You know over drive growth :P

I gotta give you this for outside plants they look fantastic! You certainly must have a nice natural balance of predators versus "eaters" for them.

Congrats on the first brain pods, and all those other pods!

I think ole Porter is giving the Stank Eye in both of those pic, one right, one left :D You haven't seen him looking for that headset lately have you?

Have a great weekend!

Remember Harvey Pekar from Letterman? Porter is the curmudgeon pooch.

How big are those spoon maters? Maybe they are some type of currant,are they as big as a cherry? Your plants are moving along shane. We are getting frost level lows the next few days,and possible flurries. All the plants are back inside waiting it out.

When I think of you, Shane, I think, colorful pots, heat (pods and weather) . . . bright primary colors . . . pods (heat), sunshine, pool, cute Porter, gorgeous grow, smoking techniques, some great food porn, bamboo, bamboo, BROOM AND MOP handles, smh and cool, ROPE (and with duct tape shots of your grow from "the big sky" aka rocket) . . . just gorgeous, the intelligence of drip irrigation, your generosity . . . and the hard work of living between two places . . .

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race” --Calvin Coolidge and with due respect to CC, you've combined talent with genius, with education, and with persistence. Now, I can say that about nearly 100% of the people on here but while your wife may have wanted the pretty pots, I adore that look. (And can more than easily handle the black nurseries too!)

Oh yeah, keep me in mind when you come into Bubblegum Heaven. Also, I only have charcoal smokers, El Cheapo Brinkmann works great for that, keeps temps low, since it's POS (other than stacking old Weber sans legs on for baking compost to rid of bugs'n such that more than done duty), and not dialed in my larger, functional Webers for smoking yet--hard to keep temps around 100 on those for good smoke temps, but invested in nice Nesco dehydrator, big boy, last year . . . didn't know to deseed :rolleyes: . . . and now salt? YES! Thank you! Bill's work teaches me to super-sauce, you teach to smoke (and sauce); THP is a wonderful place, just amazing, and people can actually make complete sentences; don't use text lang, are passionate about growing. I think of Bonnie in near impossible grow country, but she does it; Rick and his tunnels, WOW; folks in FL battling the bugs as year 'round has drawbacks too, Sawyer leaving his grow, bringing in plants for snow in NOT snow-season, Pia's love of spiders :rofl:, people who come back from Sandy and are going for it in NJ, NY: my spirit is renewed by you and others like you.

Thank you, Shane: the greatest gift one can ever give is inspiration via persistence via acted upon talent, genius. I suppose I needed to express that to everybody on here . . . but you grow between two locales. Wow. Thank you (and your wife)! (And Porter's fam! ;) ) He and Tebow should meet as THP dog pepper-patch mascots!

Looking great Shane! Now that I got a timeline attached to my departure out of this country, I am gettin antsy watching all these grow logs! I wont get any harvest shots, but I will probably still start seeds to OW for next year. Either way one thing is sure, I have PLENTY of peppers from last season in the deep freeze to smoke and powder!

How long do you leave them on the smoker??

Keep the pics comin bro!

Looking great Shane! Now that I got a timeline attached to my departure out of this country, I am gettin antsy watching all these grow logs! I wont get any harvest shots, but I will probably still start seeds to OW for next year. Either way one thing is sure, I have PLENTY of peppers from last season in the deep freeze to smoke and powder!

How long do you leave them on the smoker??

Keep the pics comin bro!
I know...sucked watching you have to leave your grow last year, now it sucks watching you come back so late. HD should still have some Jals/Bells/Cayennes to plant while you watch the REAL peppers grow! I leave them in the smoker different times with different temps depending on what I am looking for. Most of the time its only 2-3 hours with temp near 200.

Wow Shane, killer updates today!

Thanks for answering my powder questions.

I'm thinking they are spoons, and you just treated them the same as your peppers ;) You know over drive growth :P

I gotta give you this for outside plants they look fantastic! You certainly must have a nice natural balance of predators versus "eaters" for them.

Congrats on the first brain pods, and all those other pods!

I think ole Porter is giving the Stank Eye in both of those pic, one right, one left :D You haven't seen him looking for that headset lately have you?

Have a great weekend!
That Porter is Amb-eye-dextrous when it comes to the stank eye! Haha...don't think that's it with those spoon maters, but thanks for the compliment. Might have to beg Greg for some real deal spoons! :pray: :whistle: My predators are dwindling as their food supply has diminished...which means their food supply is returning. More powder answers ahead...

i hear ya on "lots of yard work" bro'... I'm falling seriously behind on glogs while I'm whipping the place into shape. Good on ya for squeezing in another round of smoked peppers to boot! Maybe you can find a critter pic just for Pia... ;)
You know I just keep hitting it in small doses...and it gets further out of control. I still have plenty more rounds of frozen pods to get to. Gonna try to keep them moving now so that I have an empty freezer just in case I may need to freeze some more soon!

Remember Harvey Pekar from Letterman? Porter is the curmudgeon pooch.

How big are those spoon maters? Maybe they are some type of currant,are they as big as a cherry? Your plants are moving along shane. We are getting frost level lows the next few days,and possible flurries. All the plants are back inside waiting it out.
They are smallish cherry size...think currants are the right call. Advertised as spoon and world's smallest. The plants keep on keepin on! Sure wish it would warm up for you guys. I almost feel guilty! :liar:

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race” --Calvin Coolidge and with due respect to CC, you've combined talent with genius, with education, and with persistence.
Love that quote! My daddy always phrased it differently..."Son, they have to kill you to beat you!"

Monster plants you have my currants are about blueberry size.

Hope bubblegum. Rennies look like what it's suppose to be. Also the indigo.

Any chocolate hab powder
These were supposed to be "10 fit on a spoon" but oh well as long as they taste good!

I am sure they will grow true brotha! Oh...and yeah I am pretty sure I have some chocolate hab powder out there.

Nice flower fruit arrangements, we had one of those "Incredibly Edibles" gifted not long ago, dam dem really nice & tasty. Did you make your's? Great job! BTW tell mama happy mama's day \0/
Yeah, I put that together last night after mama went to bed. She loved it...and we all had chocolate covered fruit for breakfast. I'll tell mama!

Aight so here is the final update of the weekend...just a wrap up on the powder.
gallery_5729_18_534440.jpg

Here are the tools of the trade and the spices I use...

gallery_5729_18_224187.jpg

Smoke infused Devil's Tongue ready to go and in the Food Processor! Still a few seeds in there, but they won't hurt anything...

gallery_5729_18_4000266.jpg

...and here are the Brains...

The rest of the pics won't be in the order taken, but in order of process. I took shots of different steps with each variety, but want to post them as a step by step. So first into the processor...

gallery_5729_18_2933791.jpg

Add seasonings/salt...I used about 1/4 cup coarse sea salt and a couple tbl spoons each of Garlic and Onion power, I go a little heavier on onion than garlic, but that's something you'll need to adjust to your own taste. Remember, this is a seasoning, so don't be afraid to go heavy. It's not like adding salt to food, you will be adding this to food instead of salt...or at least I do.

gallery_5729_18_2654178.jpg

This is how it all looks after about a minute in the Food Processor...some of the salt still chunky...also, the salt is much heavier than the other ingredients so it will be saltier at the bottom...which is why I process it twice to make sure it's all an even blend.

gallery_5729_18_2630607.jpg

Same stage closer view...

gallery_5729_18_722423.jpg

What we have here are the before the first grind (left) and after (right). I neglected to take a pic in the coffee grinder...but I swear it happened! You can see how the missed seeds "float" to the top. I never get too uptight about getting them ALL out, just as many as wanna let go without getting rid of any placenta. The rest will powder up just fine!

gallery_5729_18_224308.jpg

This is after their second go around in the FP. The flavor should now be consistent throughout the batch.

gallery_5729_18_3996743.jpg

After the final powdering...

gallery_5729_18_904965.jpg

And here is the finished consistency...Looks a little coarse, but it isn't. Tasted both, and they're both hot with a nice long burn and great flavor.

Hope you all had a great weekend, see you on Friday!
Shane

Back