food STEAK!!

cypresshill1973 said:
Bacon??? yeahhhh.... sound good!

You will can try this salad. It's very tasty. Here is a classic.

i like a little bit of that crappy curry powder stuff from the UK folks, or a littler turmeric in those mayo based cold salads ... fills in the middle note really nicely ...

just a little ...

grantmichaels said:
i like a little bit of that crappy curry powder stuff from the UK folks, or a littler turmeric in those mayo based cold salads ... fills in the middle note really nicely ...

just a little ...
Or a little... very little... yellow mustard with the mayo too... but yeah that sounds good too.

You can add whatever you want... But the original rusian salad only only contains Mayo, potato, carrot, egg, green peas and beet. also add chicken or tuna, but none more.

You could try the original flavor at first time, after you can prepare like you want, but ya know the original flavor like it.

It's strange that in eeuu don't know that salad

cypresshill1973 said:
Here we do another potato salads... i remember like my mom did with vinegar(or lemon)/oil/egg and beans
Mom does the potato/egg/mayo/mustard.etc, and my grandmother does the potato/lettuce/bacon/oil/vinegar. I do a grilled warm potato salad with a mustard vinaigrette/garlic fresh herbs and bacon fat  :P

Ribeye:

IMG_47631_zps216ogoef.jpg

Cooked for one hour on Traeger to 125F
IMG_47641_zpsbangdqt0.jpg

Seared on cast iron skillet. (next time I'll go hotter for a better sear)
IMG_47651_zpsbtdxqmlt.jpg

Not an ideal location on the steak to show the medium rare
IMG_47661_zpsmb2tv2fs.jpg

w/ steamed shrooms and brocolli
IMG_47671_zpsqickha3o.jpg

Porterhouse

Ingredients:  room temperature salted Porterhouse steak, smoked Thai chile powder (courtesy of wayright), fermented Thai hot sauce, hot Monterey jack cheese:
DSC_0010.JPG

Steak seared in very hot cast iron skillet (no oil, no butter):
DSC_0013.JPG

Ingredients added:
DSC_0021.JPG

Finished in very hot oven, rested, and served:
DSC_0028.JPG

Thanks to my friend Kevin - the powder gave this just the right touch.  Thanks to all for looking.

TJP

Bone in ribeye.  On sale too which is a bonus.  Crap marbling by my standards though.
P8072623_zpssqssjkhh.jpg

Pre sear.  One minute per side in smoking hot rendered beef fat from the steak itself.

P8072625_zpsflorxcgy.jpg

Sous Vide at 54.5 C for 1 hour.  Light rest for 2 minutes then dry rubbed with a basic chilli/salt spice rub.

P8072627_zpswmxrjfva.jpg

Onto a very hot cast iron grill for 30 seconds per side and plated with baby chat potatoes fried off in butter and garlic/onion powder with a pinch of sea salt.

P8072628_zpsx3phlc5r.jpg

I think think the pre sear was 10 seconds per side too long and I didn't get it into the the freezer quick enough.  But still good :D

P8072629_zpsnefjobcf.jpg

It actually got a little more done than I wanted, but it was definitely edible. Was watching the boys while trying to cook. Note to self, lock kids in room while cooking steak.

JayT said:
This friggen thing was a heavenly beast!

attachicon.gif
102_0048.jpg

attachicon.gif
102_0053.jpg

To start...

What is that?

A bigass t-bone or a bone in ribeye I really can't tell.

I  reckon it mighty fine eats any how.

Wait.

Looks like you got the west side carbon plugged grill gang goin' on.

Clean that 'thang.

For shame.

And to think all the times I stook up for you.

On another note folks...

A finer bastige than Jay you will never meet.

Back