food STEAK!!

Hahaha first of all, The TB it is just a giant ribeye, no bone, and you know I am a messy cook. Second, GM I would be happy to share some beers with you, and you must have been talking to Wheebz. And Nova, nice to meet you ya Aussie bastige.

JayT said:
Hahaha first of all, The TB it is just a giant ribeye, no bone, and you know I am a messy cook. Second, GM I would be happy to share some beers with you, and you must have been talking to Wheebz. And Nova, nice to meet you ya Aussie bastige.

Who is this Nova Aussie bastige you speak of?

T-bone brushed with melted butter then dry rubbed with pepper steak seasonings.
Sous vide 54 C for 90 minutes
P8202675_zpsewcl3b9c.jpg

Rocket (arugula) sauteed in butter, fresh baked dinner roll boat filled with butter and the steak seared off in smoking hot pan.  Added some Tabasco chipotle for shnits n giggles

P8202676_zpscjjb7ytp.jpg

Awesome thing with precision cookers is that with a T-bone both the porterhouse and tenderloin get cooked to exactly the same temp.  54 C.

P8202677_zpsmdhsknjy.jpg

I like to be liking the pinky pinkness throughout, DTS. It's not moo-ing, but I'd still scarf it. I'd like to see a flame-throwing action shot, though - you don't have a torch? 

And what is this dinner roll boat? Do they sell them that way there or is that something you cut out? Hmm… reminds me that I want to go kayak shopping this weekend….

And NOVA!!!!! Nice to see you've resolved your identity issues. Welcome back!  :D

Deathtosnails said:
T-bone brushed with melted butter then dry rubbed with pepper steak seasonings.
Sous vide 54 C for 90 minutes
P8202675_zpsewcl3b9c.jpg

Rocket (arugula) sauteed in butter, fresh baked dinner roll boat filled with butter and the steak seared off in smoking hot pan.  Added some Tabasco chipotle for shnits n giggles

P8202676_zpscjjb7ytp.jpg

Awesome thing with precision cookers is that with a T-bone both the porterhouse and tenderloin get cooked to exactly the same temp.  54 C.

P8202677_zpsmdhsknjy.jpg

.......all washed down with a pint of butter  :D

Looking good...... very good....

Bife de Chorizo or entrecot is called here. No like chorizo (sausage). Nobody really knows why it's called Bife de Chorizo ha ha.

I was saying... This cut is like your steak but I don't know how you call them when they have bone.

Rib eye is same cut to steak but rear part... Difficult to me explain it. Here we can see whole 1/2 res of beef cow hanging hook, in the butcher store, when butcher smashes the half cow in front of us. That is why know all parts of cow, but you call it different.

So, ojo de bife (rib eye) here is called when no bone. If there bone, here called bife ancho.

When I buying meat, I buy the whole cuts, this cut include bife de chorizo, bife ancho and loin. It weight around 10-12kg

Ha! That was my next guess. Bife de chorizo. But they usually look narrower. We have that here, sirloin strip steak, NY strip, etc.

Hehe. You have those there huh? I hope the beef is local. ;)

Back