• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

STEAK!!

I know y'all cook up some great steaks so post them up in here....

I'll start us off…

2A0ED1BD-D2AC-4837-B059-BC4B5A5E7F3C-2503-0000028C217DC777.jpg

Getting up to room temp
5CEB1C79-F948-44E9-BE04-09A165024C93-2503-0000028C4DF8B0A6.jpg

Throw it on the grill...

75802F73-6675-41CA-A63B-8A17D8AD9BB9-2503-0000028C723D3DBB.jpg

Steak, mashed taters with Five counties cheese waiting to melt on top, and some peez

4B17B40B-7530-45F5-8408-BB805BA6E55B-2503-0000028C96FD1E67.jpg

Juices flowing…
CD7F5AB8-4E8D-4E25-9552-0DB1000383DB-2503-0000028CA9E265A3.jpg

DE31B1D0-9B91-44DF-A903-CF03F6291D21-2503-0000028CBAEA6C48.jpg

Yum! What u got?

That looks awesome Zdeck!!

I cooked this up last night and PMed a couple friends here, just to make em drool!! :drooling:

It all started with a couple of Cappucino Scotch Bonnets,and a Pimienta Trapadiera!
IMG_1185.jpg

On tha grill!
IMG_1193.jpg

Juicy and well done! yumm!
IMG_1203.jpg

Chased it with some Smoked Douglah on my tater!!
IMG_1206.jpg

Great thread man!!
I will drool every night looking at this one!!

:cool:
Kevin

Great topic to start! Your steak lacks a sear but is done nicely.

That's a nice steak wayright.

Looking good wayright :drooling: ....did you steal my dishes? ;) They look awfully similar.

Great topic to start! Your steak lacks a sear but is done nicely.

That's a nice steak wayright.

Thanks THP..I'll have to agree with the no sear, timing was off tonight with trying to get the kiddo's hot dogs done and my steak at the same time so we could eat at the same time, but at least it didn't turn out well done :fireball:

Oh hail yeah!

WTG ZD on the threadstarter and a big fist bump to WW for following up.

Here's a tip y'all.

Pull those steaks just before they get to the temperature you like and let them rest for 10 minutes before cutting into them.

All that juice you see on the plate will pretty much stay in the steak keeping it more flavorful and juicy.

ZD tell us about that cheese!

Oh hail yeah!

ZD tell us about that cheese!

TB... it's Double Gloucester, Red Leicester, Cheshire, Derby and Somerset Cheddar.

Found it at our new fancy Kroger Fresh Fare store they just opened here in town. Kinda like a scaled down hippy joint I suppose. Good stuff though. And I just noticed that only 4 layers are representing on my taters. I must have taken a little nibble on accident?

TB... it's Double Gloucester, Red Leicester, Cheshire, Derby and Somerset Cheddar.

Found it at our new fancy Kroger Fresh Fare store they just opened here in town. Kinda like a scaled down hippy joint I suppose. Good stuff though. And I just noticed that only 4 layers are representing on my taters. I must have taken a little nibble on accident?

That sheeit ain't cheap neither.

My local Try-N-Save (Kroger) doesn't carry any of the good English cheeses like that.

They're too busy sucking up to some lame-oh Boar's Head cheese pusher.

I've been bugging them for months to bring in my favorite cheese.

Cotswold.

I would have sliced against the grain (always do for tenderness it breaks the fibers) but looks good.

Oh it looks tender for sure. Against the grain just ensures no tug/chew to it. A tender piece can still have chew but not when sliced against the grain. That's all. Looks perfectly cooked!

I just tested with the other piece I had not slice, 100% against the grain and I could not tell which was better. Both tender and no chew. I do agree that most every cut against the grain is the winner, always for London Broil I do that. Thanks about the cooking, I think I have perfected the touch temperature technique.

I like how you got it MR but all the way through, not just the center. To the edge. I also noticed that with your rib roast on your other topic. That was like 4" thick and MR throughout. Crazy!

I like how you got it MR but all the way through, not just the center. To the edge. I also noticed that with your rib roast on your other topic. That was like 4" thick and MR throughout. Crazy!
I am sure we feel the same about beef, who wants to waste it by cooking it wrong! Cooking a ribeye roast to perfection is hard but once mastered it becomes impossible to order prime rib when out at a restaurant.

Just to keep the beef in one place, here is the ribeye roast!

ribeye_roast.JPG

That's the one I was talking about. Perfection.

Back