• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

STEVE954 Grow Log

Hello from south florida. This year's grow started just after thanksgiving when sowed several different strains of scotch bonnet. After many attempts, I finally got my hands on some scotch bonnet seeds from the Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture!
newpicture2013087_zpsf55b19b7.jpg

Scotch Bonnet-MoA
newpicture2013073-Copy2_zps89dfbc81.jpg

Red-Scotch Bonnet-RedFoodarama, Green-Scotch Bonnet-MoA, Black-Scotch Bonnet-Papa Joe's Mkt
newpicture2013077_zps0e3a3a06.jpg

Scotch Bonnet-TFM Tree
newpicture2013075_zps289af11d.jpg

Scotch Bonnet TFM still producing
newpicture2013079_zpsa37b35ec.jpg

Great updates mon! I think your pictures are getting better and love shrimp scampi we do similar, great stuff!!! Keep up dat great work and can’t wait on the pods. Sorry we’ve been unable to catch up, hopefully things will be different this next weekend, take care mon :)

I have to agree with you and Greg on the coffee grounds, but I only spay it when I see pests now and not on a regular basis. I don’t believe it does anything to mites, it does kill off the aphids and other soft body bugs if the mix is strong enough and I love mixing it with dirt. It’s killed off all the ground gnat issues I had going on and the 50/50 mix for starts all finally popped up but not the pure coffee test I did, but it’s still running so time will tell but I doubt that will work. I’m done with my testing of it but certainly using it a lot, love da stuff and we produce enough grounds at home for my uses.

All's lookin' great ...
Thanks bud!
Steve,
Your plants are loading up nicely. No shortage of pollen there. Can't wait to see the pods ripen and to hear your views on the MoA tasting...
Thanks Greg, I hope to cut open a ripe MoA to see some capsaicin dots!
Not cool man, rub it in a lil more buddy! ;)
:onfire:
Great updates mon! I think your pictures are getting better and love shrimp scampi we do similar, great stuff!!! Keep up dat great work and can’t wait on the pods. Sorry we’ve been unable to catch up, hopefully things will be different this next weekend, take care mon :)

I have to agree with you and Greg on the coffee grounds, but I only spay it when I see pests now and not on a regular basis. I don’t believe it does anything to mites, it does kill off the aphids and other soft body bugs if the mix is strong enough and I love mixing it with dirt. It’s killed off all the ground gnat issues I had going on and the 50/50 mix for starts all finally popped up but not the pure coffee test I did, but it’s still running so time will tell but I doubt that will work. I’m done with my testing of it but certainly using it a lot, love da stuff and we produce enough grounds at home for my uses.
Always walkin Good bredren!

Update:

Northside in-ground MoAs with 9 back up MoA juvi's(middle green pots) and 8 different strains of scotch bonnets(left multi-color pots)
030_zpsa698a959.jpg

left northside MoA going with first reaping of pods. Alot more coming right behind. This girl is going to be a heavy producer.
031_zpsf2aea61f.jpg

Foodarama(windchicken) vs. Foodarama(Pic 1) squared up. The Pic 1 FDA looks like he might be a southpaw!
019_zps5de8c0ef.jpg

Fatalii clone(Denniz) buddin' up!
007_zps9b6ffa9e.jpg

Foodarama clone(Denniz)
008_zps45ad66a5.jpg

Foodarama plant via Denniz
009_zpse751701e.jpg

Trinidad red scotch bonnet plant via Jamison
012_zps323e55cc.jpg

Southside MoA in-grounds
013_zpsc395373e.jpg

MoA pod
015_zps3d2d5ab5.jpg

016_zps74d5c833.jpg

Sweet!!! Little ones even budding, gotta love dat FL sun, dem looking awesome and your pictures are seriously getting much better. Excelling work mon & keep dem grow pics a coming ^_^

Did you start your seaweed batch? If you have extra weed, seriously consider unwashed for ground cover on dem ingrounds, I'm noting unexpected growth and lushness from my old girls that I did that to.

Sweet!!! Little ones even budding, gotta love dat FL sun, dem looking awesome and your pictures are seriously getting much better. Excelling work mon & keep dem grow pics a coming ^_^

Did you start your seaweed batch? If you have extra weed, seriously consider unwashed for ground cover on dem ingrounds, I'm noting unexpected growth and lushness from my old girls that I did that to.
Tank you bruddah mon,
I have decided to cover the ground with mulch and use my seaweed as a tea fert. It keeps the weeds away and looks clean.
Your little MoA babies monsters are exploding with growth!

Looking good buddy, looking good!
Thanks J, just tryin to keep up with the Joneses!
Plants are looking good, love the pods!!

Outa likes for the day:(
Thanks Scott, I'll try to keep em comin!
looking nice! Those pods on the northside MOA look pretty large- can't wait to see them color up and hear how they taste.
Andy whats up brother! You and me both!
Beautiful. That MoA has tons of pods. :onfire:
Thanks PiA! She has a few more on the other side!
[sub]Very nice! Good luck with your 2013 season.[/sub]
And to you as well kind sir.

Update:

I put down some mulch for the in-grounds to clean things up a bit.

002_zpsdbe42190.jpg

006_zpsebbfc9f6.jpg

007_zpsdd4ecc1c.jpg

Bottom left MoA with pod
010_zps9b8a9a52.jpg

008_zps4ad85f47.jpg

Back