• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

STEVE954 Grow Log

Hello from south florida. This year's grow started just after thanksgiving when sowed several different strains of scotch bonnet. After many attempts, I finally got my hands on some scotch bonnet seeds from the Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture!
newpicture2013087_zpsf55b19b7.jpg

Scotch Bonnet-MoA
newpicture2013073-Copy2_zps89dfbc81.jpg

Red-Scotch Bonnet-RedFoodarama, Green-Scotch Bonnet-MoA, Black-Scotch Bonnet-Papa Joe's Mkt
newpicture2013077_zps0e3a3a06.jpg

Scotch Bonnet-TFM Tree
newpicture2013075_zps289af11d.jpg

Scotch Bonnet TFM still producing
newpicture2013079_zpsa37b35ec.jpg

Dude. Looks great. Nice to see the Ingrounds doing well. And nice to have back ups. So what Happen I'd all make it. You gonna plant all 9?! Glad to the clones doing well. Can't wait for the frat ripe MoA

Steve, was great to visit your “humble abode” earlier today as you call it. A pleasure to see your grow, soon come jungle. Not sure where you’re going to plant so many but in pots along the east/west fence would be a killer spot IMO if the landlord allows. Been out and about so no time to edit pics but here’s a flower I shot at your place, when I get some done I be passing dem to you and/or posting. Have a great weekend!
s4ud68.jpg

Glad to have you over this morning Ramon.

Some pics of the day:

4 in-ground MoA juvies
IMG_6148_zps550175a6.jpg

MoA flower
IMG_6157_zpsdb3d0018.jpg

up-and-coming MoA bonnets
IMG_6141_zpsff0eb0a0.jpg

IMG_6136_zpsc37c4ccf.jpg

3 lobed MoA
IMG_6156_zpsfd47a22d.jpg

5 lobed MoA
IMG_6144_zps13f48bd5.jpg

IMG_6146_zps701b61c8.jpg

More MoA bonnets
IMG_6140_zpseb5ccc38.jpg

Just put in-ground my highly anticipated papa joe's mkt scotch bonnet(seeds gifted from cmpman1974).
IMG_6152_zps8498ca6c.jpg

Lookin' good Steve!

NWLA represent'n:

moa1.jpg
Look'n great Gary! Are these bad boys gunna have have a patch outside?

Dude. Looks great. Nice to see the Ingrounds doing well. And nice to have back ups. So what Happen I'd all make it. You gonna plant all 9?! Glad to the clones doing well. Can't wait for the frat ripe MoA
Thanks Denniz, if all 9 make it i might give a few away if anyone is interested or plant them in-ground somewhere. The first ripe MoA is right around the corner. I might even try my luck at a video review if i can figure out how to do it.

MoA's are lookin' good!
Glad to see they're podding up so nicely.
Hey, and if you don't mind, see some of that rain this a way
I'll do a rain dance for you Scott, and maybe that will get it to stop raining here. Plants are saturated.

Update: MoA pods shaping up more consistantly now, nearly everyone is showing bonnet at an early stage. Sorry for the blurry pics.
002_zps00a69287.jpg

006_zpsfc6d2ea5.jpg

003_zps453cd1e6.jpg

005_zps47b18de9.jpg

Northside overview
011_zps6dac58ee.jpg

8 different scotch bonnet strains
Top 3: TFM(saved seed), Papa Joe's Mkt(PepperJam), Red Cardi(cmpman1974)
Middle 3: Ocho Rios(Pic 1), CCN(P.Dreadie), Peppermania Jamaican(windchicken)
Bottom 3: Select(P.Dreadie), Foodarama(windchicken), Foodarama(Pic 1)

CCN(P.Dreadie)(middle) is leading the pack so far
013_zpsf2972a20.jpg

The first red foodarama(cmpman1974) pod. Plant not doing too well due to over watering. Needs up potting to 5 gal/ fresh soil and it to stop raining everyday
016_zps20d8b3f2.jpg

Top 3: 7 pot yellow(windchicken), Hp22b(Jamison), Trinidad red scotch bonnet(plant gifted via Jamison)
Bottom 3: Butch T(Walkgood), Butch T(Jamison), Foodarama clone(plant gifted via Denniz)
014_zps0485e58c.jpg

I have to agree with the above posts all is looking well!

Hope all the rain damnit I want some doesn't hurt your grow, there is such a thing as too much...

Linking the scotch bonnet clan and the MOA podage. Well done.

I wish I could send you some rain bud, were up to 15"+ for the year already. Rainiest year around here to date.

I'm digging the hosted grow-down Steve! Now my Scotch Bonnets are lined up against Greg's and Erin's, too...Cool! I think Erin's CCN might have the edge right now...It's so cool to see my babies getting bigger down there in your pepper patch!

My MoA's need to go outside and get potted up real bad right now...Seems like all my yellows are outgrowing their containers at the same time...They will ultimately go in a primo stream-terrace-and-chipped-hardwood raised bed in the country garden, with as much love and care as I can give them...This is what they look right right now, as I'm typing this:

MoA1.jpg

Pretty, happy babies, right? Thanks so much for the seeds! I wish I could tell someone at the Min of Ag what a wonderful job they did breeding this pepper...

They started out a little slower than the other chinenses, as Scotch Bonnets normally do, but man have they caught up in the last couple of weeks! I've only grown two other varieties of Bonnet, but this one slams them both in terms of vigor.

I can't believe how late we're having cold weather this year. We had a 38ºF morning last week, in the middle of April! Very unusual. I'm setting mine out anyway, they can sink or swim...If I wait much later it will be October before I see any ripe chinense.

Back