• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

STEVE954 Grow Log

Hello from south florida. This year's grow started just after thanksgiving when sowed several different strains of scotch bonnet. After many attempts, I finally got my hands on some scotch bonnet seeds from the Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture!
newpicture2013087_zpsf55b19b7.jpg

Scotch Bonnet-MoA
newpicture2013073-Copy2_zps89dfbc81.jpg

Red-Scotch Bonnet-RedFoodarama, Green-Scotch Bonnet-MoA, Black-Scotch Bonnet-Papa Joe's Mkt
newpicture2013077_zps0e3a3a06.jpg

Scotch Bonnet-TFM Tree
newpicture2013075_zps289af11d.jpg

Scotch Bonnet TFM still producing
newpicture2013079_zpsa37b35ec.jpg

Fear the Reaper. :rofl: Excellent job Mr. Steve!
Thank you sir! Vey excited about Puckerbutt's finest!
Good % so far Steve! Keep them poppin!
Shane, SoFla's sunshine pops em with ease!
I'll second dat, better than I've gotten this winter, I'm hoping to plant more in spring ... keep up dat great grow mon!
More picante smoked mackerel dip please!
Somehow I missed this log until today. Had to skim a bit of it, but I'm here now. Will follow, I'm intrigued by all the SB MoA buzz. I've read the other MoA log and watched some of the videos. All very interesting. What is the flavor like?
Thats the $64,000 question!

I recieved 2 care packages todayy!

P. Dreadie sent me:

Yellow scotch bonnet(CCN) seeds AND powder
Yellow Congo powder
Scotch Bonnet- Select seeds
Trinidad perfume seeds

Thank you Erin!

PepperJam sent seeds of:

Red scotch bonnet CARDI (cmpman1974
SB-Papa Joe's Mkt (Peppermania)
SB-Red Foodarama (Peppermania)
7 pod brain strain yellow (Pepperlover)
Chocolate SB- (cmpman1974)
Red SB X Congo red trinidad
Bahamian Goat

Much appreciated guys! Care packages Texas bound!

Ramon gave me some of Romy's powder(Red) and a yellow CARDI scorp! Tanks again breden!

Sorry Erin but made the mistake of trying Romy's powder first(HOT) so I could not give your beautifully ground powder a proper "WalkGood's powder review!"
027_zps82a9e969.jpg

Here is a picture of one of my potted MoA. I can officially announce that broad mite plague is over for now!
001_zpse8ac58a9.jpg

This in-ground MoA superstar has alot on its shoulders to produce the first SB MoA pod! No excuses!
002_zps3c5e1c08.jpg

Here is the ariel view
004_zpsd45f0f5d.jpg

More importantly, here is the first flower!
003_zpsd419e75b.jpg

OH Wowwww. That MoA is a beautttttttt!!!! Congrats on getting rid of those mites. No more problems from here on out :pray:
Yes ma'am!!!
Hope those damn bugs stay away for you! Lookin good about to open one up!
You and me both brother!
Woohoo. Can't wait to see them podding up!!! Here's to some jerk sauce mon!! Btw in 2/4. One seedlin didn't make it. Sowed 3 more !!
"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A MoA who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."
Man I hope that flower holds! Glad to hear the bug issue it taken care of. Damn things were causing you FL boys all sorts of problems.
It was time to bring out the whoopin stick! This flower and the one behind looks strong, they should pod up soon!

Hope the freaking mites stay gone Steve. FYI letting leaves touch the ground isn't a good thing. Makes it easier for pathogens and bugs to gain access to the plant.

Yeah, that's a death sentence for tomatoes around here. Bacterial wilt is in the soil and even splatter from rain will infect them. Keep 'em well mulched with straw and no problem.

This the last wave of seedlings this year(hopefully)

Scotch Bonnet strains:
CCN - P.dreadie
SELECT - P.Dreadie
Foodarama (3 Pic1, 3 Winchicken)
Papa Joe's Mkt (4 PepperJam, 2 cmpman1974)
Peppermania Jamaican (windchicken)
Red Trinidad (Jamison)
002_zps9d782db5.jpg

Here is the 2 in-ground MoA, the seedlings, and one MoA in 7 gal nursery pot
003_zps3e94eba4.jpg

Random recovering MoA about to take off
005_zps7f3e3d93.jpg

006_zpsc73bca23.jpg

Here is the Red Foodarama SB (cmpman1974)
007_zps69bb425f.jpg

Other in-grounds Peppermania Jamaican and TFM
008_zps72cc3e35.jpg

009_zps15835529.jpg

Steve, every ting looks great, keep dem positive vibes going mon ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
I missed the beach today, too much work but next I go I'm going to harvest enough seaweed to use on all my other potted plants for ground cover. I like how it keeps the weeds away and acts as a natural fertilizer. If you're up for it we can hook up down there next week ... I'm not sure if you need more yet?

Steve,
Your in ground plants are massive with more growth on the way ! How many hours of direct sun are they receiving?
Liking them MoA's.
Has the flower opened yet...and if so how many petals and is the flower creme color?

Ver Impressive...

Steve I tried your TFM powder yesterday , maybe not the proper way. Sprinkled some on a bowel of blacked eyed peas. Niced things up good. Thanks

Peace,
P.Dreadie
Glad you liked it. Goes good on shrimp scampi, mixed in flour for fried calamari, on chicken, ect...Your CCN powder has a better SB flavor IMHO and was pulverized to perfection!
Yea buddy!
Its startin' to come together!
Steve,
Your in ground plants are massive with more growth on the way ! How many hours of direct sun are they receiving?
Liking them MoA's.
Has the flower opened yet...and if so how many petals and is the flower creme color?

Ver Impressive...
Thank you Greg, that means alot to me coming from you sir!

those in-grounds only get about 2-3 hours of direct sunlight, don't know why but the seem to do well there. I am in the process of replacing them with MoA soon.

The MoA flower has 6 petals and is a white/cream color.
Looking great! Ok now I'm coming over to see dis mon!
Come on over bredren, quite overdue to fire up the grill!

Back