• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Stickman's 2013 Glog - Time To Pull The Plug on 2013

I'm pulling things together to get ready for my next growing season. I bought NuMex variety seeds from Sandia Seed company in New Mexico, Hot Paper Lantern Habaneros and Antohi Romanians from Johnny's Select Seeds in Maine and Korean varieties from Evergreen Seeds in California. Due to the unbelievable generosity of a number of THP members I've also gotten seeds to a wide variety of chiles from around the world. Special thanks to BootsieB, stc3248, romy6, PaulG, SoCalChilehead, joynershotpeppers, highalt, cmpman1974, smokemaster, mygrassisblue, Mister No, chewi, KingDenniz, orrozconleche and most recently and spectacularly, Habanerohead with a great selection of superhots and peppers from Hungary!
SANY0193.jpg

There are eleven varieties of Hungarian peppers in here, mostly the early, thick-fleshed, sweet ones that range from white through yellow to purple and red.., plus Aji Lemon Drop, BJ Indian Carbon, Naga Morich, Bishop's Crown and TS CARDI Yellow! Now I just have to go through my seed bank and match the space available to what I want to grow. Thanks Balázs!

Stefan_W said:

I'd like to blame it on you, but I know deep down inside that I have to take responsibility for my own counting. I blame beer.  :drunk:
Hey, it works for me... ;)  We've all been there bro'...

I made a batch of Jerk Chicken for supper tonight, and it came out just perfect! You could taste the thyme and green onions clearly... the heat from Jamie and Vince's chile pods was a very definite presence, but not overwhelming, and the addition of a little Palm sugar and Peanut oil did marvelous things to the Apple wood smoke... it wasn't astringent this time! I started late, so I didn't finish it up on the grill until about a half an hour ago. Gotta get ready for bed, but I'll post pics tomorrow.

stickman said:

FreeportBum

Heating Up
  • Members
  • hotsauce.gif
    hotsauce.gif
  • 114 posts

And we have a winner folks! Thanks to all that participated.
If you'd pm me your address Devan, I'll get that bottle of sauce out to you this weekend. Cheers!

Rick congrats on 100 pages, I have followed your blog with much excitement. Thank you for your generosity it is very much appreciated  :dance:   Looking forward to another 100 pages! all the best to you and yours

Devan

FreeportBum said:

Rick congrats on 100 pages, I have followed your blog with much excitement. Thank you for your generosity it is very much appreciated  :dance:   Looking forward to another 100 pages! all the best to you and yours

Devan
Glad you're enthused guy! I'll be collecting Chocolate and Dougie pods all week and cooking up the sauce on Friday night. So far I have a bit over a pound together.
highalt said:
:clap:   Congratulations on reaching 100 pages!!!  Lots of good stuff in those pages too!  
Thanks Bonnie! You do to... it amazes me how much you get done in the garden with all you've got going on at home and at work. Cheers!

Hi all...
   I went outside after supper to check on the new varieties that are ripening up, and found they had! :woohoo:

Urfa Biber (Isot Pepper)
SANY0086_zps4bcdba7d.jpg

The Not Yellow Bhut turns out to be an orange cross with mostly Bhut characteristics
SANY0091_zpseb3934be.jpg

The Scotch Bonnet seems a red-orange right now, but will probably ripen fully red.
SANY0087_zpsb1c351a5.jpg

And a couple of Butch T pods
SANY0092_zps33465132.jpg

I hope the cold weather holds off long enough that I can ripen and harvest most of these. Cheers all!

Back