• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Stickman's 2017 Minimalist Glog

Datil said:
Nice progress Rick, too bad for the Forbing Naga... i hope i will be luckier (if/when i receive seeds :D).

All the best

Datil

Good luck with your own swing at the Forbing Naga Fabrizio, I wish you success. :)

Now that the shelves are up and lighted, I repotted Randy's cross and started another cell in the Aerogarden with some more Alphanerdz Douglah seeds... I want to make sure I get at least one plant of this variety.
SANY1982.JPG

Devv said:
Glad to see the babies ;)

I have NagaBrain seeds if you would like them. I can get them out ASAP.

I appreciate the offer Scott, but I'll pass this time. :)  I'm limiting my grow to 10 plants in the 4x10 foot raised bed behind the house this year and I've got my heart set on a pure Naga or Bhut variety. Cheers!

Great work in the garden grow area Rick and love the raised beds , just read your last grow log and was inspiring ...Looking forward to trying your Hong Gochu as got hooked up by John.... :dance:

have a great season and hope your hard work is ultra rewarding for the effort you have put in....Watching your progress very keenly.

Superhot Sim said:
Great work in the garden grow area Rick and love the raised beds , just read your last grow log and was inspiring ...Looking forward to trying your Hong Gochu as got hooked up by John.... :dance:

have a great season and hope your hard work is ultra rewarding for the effort you have put in....Watching your progress very keenly.

Cheers Sim! John's a good man, and he'll take care of ya. ;)  Good luck with the Gochus. Are you a fan of Korean food, or is this something new?

I'm a fan of most hor spicy foods Rick. And John says the Gochu is like s hot cayenne, that will do for me. I like to smoke pods over cherry dust, then dry them and blitz into flakes and use in jams chutneys marinades etc.
Really looking forward to growing it.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Superhot Sim said:
I'm a fan of most hor spicy foods Rick. And John says the Gochu is like s hot cayenne, that will do for me. I like to smoke pods over cherry dust, then dry them and blitz into flakes and use in jams chutneys marinades etc.
Really looking forward to growing it.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Nice! If you dry and flake up the Gochus, you'll have gochugaru. Grind to a powder and mix with fermented soybeans left over from making soy sauce (meju), malt powder, rice powder, rice syrup and salt... ferment, and you'll have gochujang.  http://ferment.works/blog/2016/1/21/make-gochujang-recipe-for-traditional-gochujang-and-quick-gochujang

Most Korean foods use one or both of these, and some recipes to try are Spicy pan-fried squid with vegetables (Ojingo Bokkum),  spicy chicken with rice cake and sweet potatoes (Dak Galbi) or spicy stir-fried vegetables and rice (Bibim Bap).  :drooling:  Cheers!

Looking good Rick.

Now these Korean dishes look very tasty... I need to buy myself some fermenting jars to make gochujang when those Gochus ripe... just googling and it all looks fantastic :drooling:

stickman said:

Cheers Frank! Not as ambitious a list as you have for this year, but enough for me. ;)  Here's wishing you success in 2017!
lol ! wasn't suppose to be this way , especially with a big shoulder surgery !   but i won't argue ,  at least i'm able to grow 

tsurrie said:
Looking good Rick.

Now these Korean dishes look very tasty... I need to buy myself some fermenting jars to make gochujang when those Gochus ripe... just googling and it all looks fantastic :drooling:

It is Uros! I was introduced to it when I was a teenager some 40 years ago and have loved it ever since. The ingredients are pretty easy to get online if you want to experiment  before your harvest comes in. http://www.maangchi.com/shopping/online

Just one round-1 plant still in the Aerogarden, the Aji Oro... the rest are potted up as of this morning and new seeds are sown.
SANY1983.JPG

Round-2 seeds are for Alphanerdz Douglah, Scotch Brain, Papa Dreadie Select Scotch Bonnet and MoA Scotch Bonnet. In the end I'll double up on the SB varieties and keep one each of the others.

Hang in there folks, Friday's coming!

PaulG said:
Looking really good, Rick.  The AeroGarden looks
like it works great for you.
Cheers Paul! It seems to, but it limits the number of plants you can start at once. I've severely curtailed my grow this year so it's not a hardship, but it could be a major sticking point to somebody with ambitious plans.

stickman said:
Cheers Paul! It seems to, but it limits the number of plants you can start at once. I've severely curtailed my grow this year so it's not a hardship, but it could be a major sticking point to somebody with ambitious plans.
You are right, Rick.  It would be a great tool for
someone living in, like, Florida, where you can
really start your plants year-round.  Or maybe if 
one had a climate-controlled greenhouse   :think:

Back