• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

STOP CANNING ALREADY!!

it's a fever like peppers isn't it...I'm gonna try and put up 20 pints of Pepper Jelly tomorrow

Its very much a fever AJ!! In fact when I get back from trip on Wednesday I plan on canning 2 or 3 jars of Hot Sauce!!Probably will be canning into November!!:)

Have fun with Gunner on his first hunt and let us know how he does....

It not a fever, nor is it a cold. It is an obsessive need to use or preserve each and every single pod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right AJ?;)

you hit the nail on the head Cheezy..

Come Thursday all these will be canned...
Hot Sauces
82127bff.jpg

AlabamaJack said:
Have fun with Gunner on his first hunt and let us know how he does....

Thanks Aj, I sure will and I will have pics of the trip upon return.Its also Joanne's 1st trip(kinda) for birds.Well she
used to go with me to my grandmothers old cottage with Boomer
my late GSP but she never went out with us.since Gunner is "her baby" she will more than likely take some walks with us.
Make sure you have a great and safe weekend and I will Too:)

You got me hooked in the first place, Tom. If not for you I'd probably still be planning some cnning, but your recipes got me going!

Skyjerk said:
AAARRRGGGGHHHHH! I cant take all the canning!!!
Just canned a quart mason jar filled to the brim with Jolokias, Fataliis, Scotch Bonnets, and piquins...........mmmmmmm....hot pickled peppers coming soon.

Dorsets,Romanos,orange habs,Scotch reds,cayenne lots of caning the last few days and have ran out of jars.the old kilner ones are a right price was shocked,Much cheaper in the u.s :)

I just put up some pickeled Fatelli and dehydrated some Fatelli Pods -- Im looking for a Brown Hab sauce recipe Black Mambo-esk since I have a lot of them on the vine

Back