• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sunday dinner

I love posting my food pics, makes me think more about what I'm doing and take more care. I don't like always posting in Drunken Chef. Im not always drunk!

So I'm starting a Flog. May not always be Sunday, but that's where we are today so without further ado...

Asian pork chops!

image.jpg

Brine - brown sugar, salt, ginger, black pepper and dried chultepenos.

image.jpg

All together and in the fridge.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 69
Love beef stew and yours looks fantastic, but I am not quite ready to embrace Fall yet. It was just 94 here the other day. Another week or so and I will be ready for chili and pumpkin beer, but I am still on the IPA's with the grill rockin' some chicken atm.

Alynne said:
Might have over bought at the farmers market.
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
So I got a chicken and made a compound butter with rosemary, parsley, lemon zest and juice, garlic, one fish pepper. CI spatchcocked chicken with roasted veggies and sautéed chard and beet tops.
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
A most excellent meal. I love farmers markets

I tipped my finger prepping the veggies to roast with the chicken. Completed the meal, but lost the will for pics and posting. Will have leftovers for dinner tonight, so maybe one to come.

So mean. And the veggies were mushy and nasty. Picked the rest of the chicken, making a quick broth and soon to have Asian noodles.
Will still have one breast for tomorrow.

The roux has begun.

image.jpeg

Into a 350 oven.
Not sure how well the color shows, but going from butterscotch to peanut butter.

image.jpeg

Spice mix. You would think I know better than to smell just after blending. "Cough, cough, sneeze, wheeze"

image.jpeg

Back