• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sunday dinner

I love posting my food pics, makes me think more about what I'm doing and take more care. I don't like always posting in Drunken Chef. Im not always drunk!

So I'm starting a Flog. May not always be Sunday, but that's where we are today so without further ado...

Asian pork chops!

image.jpg

Brine - brown sugar, salt, ginger, black pepper and dried chultepenos.

image.jpg

All together and in the fridge.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 69
The color has moved into the nut phase, maybe pecan, but the pics don't show it. It makes the house smell great - just oil and flour.
Stir gently. They call it Cajun napalm for a reason. Ouch!
Veg - celery, scallions, garlic, green pepper, parsley and the last of the seasons hots. Onion will be chopped just before adding.

image.jpeg

Milk chocolate on the roux now. Going for dark. Pics don't do it justice in the oven. Will show when done.
And did I mention this combo?

image.jpeg

Andouille

image.jpeg

Yep, thus the note on top "andouille". :)

i struggle w/ the language ... really.
so badly i'm hiding at home today, i don't want the angry Trump-folks rounding me up and branding me for my lack of command of the language ...

woke up to his helicopter overhead this am ...

Honey, I live in DC and every time a helecopter buzzes me from the White House to the Navy Facility I pray "please don't hit my building". And the Trump folks and the Hillary folks and alls those folks can go fuck themselves. Opps I may get my first warning.

No need, I made sure I was supplied before being housebound. Must say the freezer has been a godsend. First few days only wanted scrambled eggs and pretzels. Then I got HUNGRY! Have had red chili pork from the beer throw down and vindaloo from the curry throwdown. Also lots of soup.

Looking Cray Cray!!! Is that what the youngins are saying these days? :) Hope your surgery went well and you have a speedy and safe recovery Alynne!! :)

Well it's been a while. After being stuck in Florida for 2 days longer than expected and missing the storm of the century I am pretending to be snowed in. All alone!!!

Working on a big pot of borscht. Shopped last night and not leaving the house until Monday.

Roasted and peeled the beets last night

image.jpeg

Big pot o'meat! 2 smoked pork shanks, 2.5 lbs each of chuck and pork butt

Added homemade chicken stock and poach for hours.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 42
Back