• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Support Our THP Military Members

That's awesome Matt, I so glad that we can have good affect on the morale of you and your fellow Marines. If you get to feeling a warmness and a bit or giddiness about 6:30 stateside time dont worry, it'll be because i'm drinking a beer in your honor. Hopefully you'll get those restrictions lifted and can post some pic and maybe some vids of some fried face Marines enjoying the burn would be so cool. However, your safety is our first desire.

Tell everyone we wish them well and Simper Fi!

Awesome update! My sauce is definitely a "gateway drug" to the powders. :rofl:

Make sure to keep a shirt for yourself man! If you give 'em all away let me know & I'll send you one for yourself. Of if you'd prefer send me a PM with an address & size & I'll send one to your girl back home. It would be my honor. Thank you for your service - stay safe!
:cheers:

I was in the Army in the early seventies. If these clowns in DC acted then like they do now, we'd have invaded the place and strung them up for treason. those old WW2 and Korea guys would never stand for this bullshit.
When you swear to defend the constitution guess what that means ?
No sir, just doing my job sir, goes right out the window.Tell el capitan he's a moron(the majority are-were) and do your duty.

These guys need to start with the TSA and tell the Nazi corporate whores stealing your money that there's plenty ass whippin left where that came from.
Never gonna happen.
The only country on earth( Besides Iran, Russia and China) where acting like Nixon is looked upon as patriotic and defending freedom (Free_Dumb)
Rant over.

Internet "in country"? Nice to hear-and hard to imagine , gotta be a wonderful thing.No such animal when I was playing in the mud(mostly Central America AO's)-and the comms to CONUS was a phone!....If I have missed a forwarding adress, please enlighten me....cause I have to wonder after you get the lads all hooked on powder.....AND YOU RUN OUT!Spicy protien drink-now thats funny!

Tomorrow is Friday , and for those of you who don't know, every Friday is "Red Friday".Wear something red(RED
=Remember Everyone Deployed) to show support for deployed personnel.So get your RED on tomorrow!

Watch your 6 Matt-
Dave

Gnslngr, several sauce makers have signed up to send hot boxes, one a month, to Matt. His addy is private for securityreason, but those who want to send something can either send something to one of us and we'll include it in our boxes, or maybe contact RocketMan directly as he's coordinating things.

Thanks for the RED reminder! I'll be rockin' the Pure Evil RED>

FRB is the way to go. They also have boxes for military APO and FPO addresses that are cheaper than FRB. You can get them from the post office. Think the last time I got them I ordered them and they came to the house. My son is Navy deployed in Persian Gulf. Just sent box out to him . Will be working on Christmas/ holiday boxes. We call them Brat Packs.

Good luck Matt. I too thank you for your service.

Wow!!! First time reading this thread and I am in tears. I have many family and friends who have served past and present and this is absolutely amazing! So glad this was started and good going everyone who has sent packages over. :) Gotta talk to my otherhalf we will send something. His dad is retired Army his mom also was in the Army.

Matt, I am keeping you and everyone else over there in my thoughts as well as families that are awaiting many returns. I am very glad you've been able to post and keep us updated. Kuddos to the men and women who risk everything to keep us safe!!!

:cheers: when you get home you have to get in the smashed thread :lol:

Much love,
Habbyheat Fam

Ex Veitnam Brown Water Navy, my dad was a WW2 Navy gunnersMate in the Pacific, his dad was WW1 Navy Gunner. Getting a home packege was great when we could get one, mail was sporatic and powdered eggs and beans&weenees or a can of spam was what we got the most of, You would kill for some soft TP. No cheers when I came home . So I know how much it means to our military when we say thank you and God Bless you for what you are doing. Matt you keep your head low, watch out for them HidyHoles and spooks in the night. Come home safe.

Wildseed, I thank you for your service, and even though it's 40 years late, I cheer for you.
:cheers: :dance: :party:

My grandfather's ship was the USS Arizona, but by a twisp of fate, he was on leave in San Francisco on the 7th of December, 1941. He lived until 1985.

Hey Matt! Glad to hear all of the support you are getting. If this job opportunity goes through I will hook you up with some of the special powders my buddy and I are creating. It's gotta be great to be able to make that slop taste good and burn going down. Stay safe and thank you and everyone else for doing the dirty work for this country. I commend you and all who have served in the past.

Our boys and girls over seas and at home need our full suport, to many are coming back to find that their home life has changed, they need to feel secure that what they are doing is vital for our security. Every package, card or letter means a lot to them and helps them to cope with what is going on. They are fighting a war unlike any we have fought before, from a simple drive down a road gone bad to door to door searches, they need to know we have their backs.

LDHS how are the donations going? Where are you now?

Matt, what's going on man, still on those 16 hour days? Well, at least it's not 16 hours in a foxhole :)

Coming in, albeit a bit sluggishly - I'm about 1/2 way there though thanks to some THP folks and my fans on the LDHS FB page.

If I fall short on donations I'm still sending 100 care packages. SalsaLady is helping to fill out SW customs forms & I'm working with the president of anysoldier for the block of addresses.

So considering I'm only a week into it I think it's going pretty well!

LDHS has a link in post #56 for his holiday 100 packages campaign which is different than the support for Matt.

There are people signed up to send packages to Matt, and if others want to add items to the packeage they can hook up with the "person of the month". Contact Rocketman for who is sending the next parcel if someone wants to add something to MGold's care package.

I've (finally) gathered enough of the small customs forms (who'da thunk it would be difficult to get 100 customs forms, but apparently....in the Methow Valley.....Customs Forms are a RARE COMMODITY!!!) :rolleyes:

Back