• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Swine flu panic = cheap bacon. W00t

you wont see me petting pigs on a farm ( i know it's airborne human to human now), but I will be having a pork chop for my post workout dinner tonight lol.

Sickmont said:
I had a pet pig for a while and he was cleaner than most humans i knew.

I wash my hands a lot and try not to touch my fingers on my face. I shower a couple times a day and don't eat with my fingers but I still get sick sometimes :) Clean is irrelevant, but I see your point, pigs get a bad rap.:cheers:

They still can't figure out why it has killed so many Mexicans but on the US side of the border it has been described as mild and people have recovered. My wife has a coworker coming back from Mexico soon. I told her that she had better email him and make sure that if the fcker is sick AT ALL that he STAYS THE F**K HOME, and that she ought to tell that to the boss too. It's a small company and business, so everyone knows everyone.

Txclosetgrower said:
You don't catch swine flu from eating pork. However, this will not stop consumers from freaking the hell out, especially with all the fearmongering in the news. What this means is cheap bacon for the rest of us!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aat5T4UTFeYM&refer=home

....and I would venture to guess that most of the pork sold and consumed in the US is from American pig farms. Well, I would hope so anyway.

As a rule I try not to eat pork too often. It really is not a healthy meat, if eaten too often or if you base your diet around it. I have read stuff about it being more carcinogenic than ruminant meat if eaten too often, but who really knows. I do know that pigs eat a high grain diet and are high in inflammation promoting Omega 6 fatty acids. So is US meat, but I usually buy Australian free range grassfed beef and Austral-American lamb, which should have more Omega 3's than the average US beef and certainly more than the pork.

This is not to say that I don't enjoy some nice grilled sweetened pork on occasion. I might do it twice in a week to slay the craving, then not for weeks on end.

I'm waiting on the Porterhouse flu to breakout.

Catching swine flu from a slab of bacon, how freaking paranoid and ignorant are people? Worlok you're eating Aussie beef? No offense to them and their cows but baby you ain't ate beef until you've sat down with a nice piece of Nebraska corn feed beef. ThasswhatImtalkinbout!!

i bought some bacon earlier at 25% off, saying that i bought the same the other day and thought i like that price never even thought about the hysteria going on!!!

Back