• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

food Taco Bell's New Volcano Nachos - The Good Hurt

I too think it is a good thing that the big chains are at least making an attempt at bringing spice into the mainstream. I know it is baby steps, but it's a start.

POTAWIE said:
Personally I like to see the fast food companies finally taking baby steps towards making things spicy. They can't really go from no heat to stupididly hot overnight, but maybe over time hot will become hip:)

JayT said:
I too think it is a good thing that the big chains are at least making an attempt at bringing spice into the mainstream. I know it is baby steps, but it's a start.

I agree its nice to see fast food taking steps to serving spicy foods & hope maybe 1 day every food chain will have something with some extreme heat to it. & not limited to just fast food, also say places like denny's, perkin's etc...
BUT they only keep selling those items IF they sell! so a couple downfalls against selling some wimpy spiced food to real chileheads or HOT to the normal customers, is that the real chileheads wont keep buying the product cuz its a joke for being labeled HOT, then you have the normal non-chilehead wannabe's that think the product is really hot & wont buy it on a regular basis.

if the product doesnt sell then why keep it ? also have ya noticed those fast food joints only every once in awhile have these so called hot foods for a limited time.

thats my opinion why certain food chains dont serve REAL HOT foods.

Web_Of_Hair said:
If I remember right, Wendy's first Spicy CHicken Sandwich was toned down because of complaints...

I didnt know this. heck the one they sell now has zero spice to it!
I remember when KFC did their 1st run of hot n spicy chicken, it had a alright spice to it, its not the same as what they sell now.

Nothing at taco bell even tingles my mouth. Everything I eat there tastes very mild. A few days ago I showed some friends how mild Taco Bell is. I sat there and ate 20 packets of fire sauce. After I was done my mouth finally started to feel just a little bit warm. they thought I was crazy, lol.

onecrazychilihead said:
Nothing at taco bell even tingles my mouth. Everything I eat there tastes very mild. A few days ago I showed some friends how mild Taco Bell is. I sat there and ate 20 packets of fire sauce. After I was done my mouth finally started to feel just a little bit warm. they thought I was crazy, lol.

You are crazy. It says so in your username.

;)

Taco bell is a good, cheap vessel to add some yucateca to.

Can't complain, nothing out there is hot except BW3's hottest.

onecrazychilihead said:

You are crazy...not for eating the Fire Sauce because of the heat (of which it contains very little), but because you were willing to put up with the flavor. I don't like the taste of the stuff. I'd rather have their Mild Sauce.

Do Jalepeno's rate as so very hot? I dont take seriously anyone who brags aobut the hotness of their product based on the addition of Jalepenos- I never thought they were all that hot- and I dont like the flavor of jalepenos.

Give me Habeneros! and now I started paying attention- (thanks, guys) I'm not liking vinegar based sauces, much. (I like vinegar in plenty of other things).

I'm not sure if I'd like it too much if all the world would start to eat spicy food. Imagine THP polluted with hundreds of boring yuppies...
So maybe we better carry our shakers and bottles and spice up our food to our liking.

Armadillo said:
I'm not sure if I'd like it too much if all the world would start to eat spicy food. Imagine THP polluted with hundreds of boring yuppies...
So maybe we better carry our shakers and bottles and spice up our food to our liking.

I still would like a larger acceptance and adoption of spiciness in food even if it's not 100% "mainstream". It may take a few more decades, but I think we'll eventually get there.

Back