smokers THE AUSSIE BUILD A UGLY DRUM SMOKER SMACK DOWN! MOYBOYvsCHILLIMAN!

um.....I don't think so....:lol:

I'm fully expecting a fail on this one as it is only my second smoke and the first smoke came out.......well lets just say it was a little chewy...:rofl:

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! Moyboy PM Bam for some pointers. Oh it's on! I may be doing some smoking this weekend as well. I'll post pics if I do.

What temp you cooking at ?

One of the best - chuck a full chook with a tomato in its guts (for moisture) - Tuscan seasoning. break pelvis, and wings so sits flat as possible - cut the rib cage if you have to.

make sure your at around 100 degree celsius for hour and half, then bring it down to around 90 for final stage and cook for 2 - 3 hrs.
ONLY put your smoke wood in for last 1/2 hour or less depends on how smoky you want it..

Wow that is so different from what I do CM. I smoke the first hour. And then cook. I have always thought and been taught that the bird takes the smoke the best at the beginning.

JayT said:
Wow that is so different from what I do CM. I smoke the first hour. And then cook. I have always thought and been taught that the bird takes the smoke the best at the beginning.

Oh god

NOW ME CONFUSED AND SCARED.......:lol:

JayT said:

It probably dose, but I like this method best as it dose not penetrate to deep so you still have succulente back straps and meat closer to the bone.

moyboy said:
well the wood thing is a good pointer as I had it in the whole time on my first cook.....

:rofl: I did the same thing with my BHUT snags, though the intensity of the burn , went well with the overpowering smokey flavour.

We live and learn ;) - I think I have done probably close to 20 cooks on my beast & still learnin ! the inside is well seasoned ! So just the hot coals sorta melts and re-smokes the drum with out having to put to much in.

I will take some photos and get them up.

And I use two things mainly now !

Oak PELLETS infused with rosemary and garlic (from bunnings)

and APPLE wood ( a tree i cut down months ago)

What are you useing Pip ?

chilliman said:
And I use two things mainly now !

Oak PELLETS infused with rosemary and garlic (from bunnings)

and APPLE wood ( a tree i cut down months ago)

What are you useing Pip ?

Mate, I am just using hickory wood from BBQ galore at the moment, But i'm planning on going to bunning this afternoon to see what they have to offer...

Moyboy, I would be glad to send you a sampling of different woods in exchange for a care package of Aussie sauces.

Customs would take the wood. (I think... bugs, etc.)

Honestly, shipping wood to AUS, $$$. The sauces cost $41.95.

Back