smokers THE AUSSIE BUILD A UGLY DRUM SMOKER SMACK DOWN! MOYBOYvsCHILLIMAN!

Yeah, sure. That's why you have a drum and Weber parts. Uh huh! Admit that this is the ultimate fail on THP ever. Just admit it and end this soap opera!

thehotpepper.com said:
Yeah, sure. That's why you have a drum and Weber parts. Uh huh! Admit that this is the ultimate fail on THP ever. Just admit it and end this soap opera!

Hey hey, are you trying to say that i'm a bigger FAIL than PMD??!!??!!
:snooty:

Novacastrian said:
Yeah admit it! It's worth at least three points on the meter :hell:

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going down with the ship.....:rofl:

Hit the multiquote button on all the posts you want to quote, and the reply button, or, the quote button on the last of the posts you are quoting.

thehotpepper.com said:

moyboy said:
Hey hey, are you trying to say that i'm a bigger FAIL than PMD??!!??!!
:snooty:

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going down with the ship.....:rofl:

thehotpepper.com said:
Hit the multiquote button on all the posts you want to quote, and the reply button, or, the quote button on the last of the posts you are quoting.

Well slap me silly and call me susan! Thanks boss.

3 hours work into this drum. 4 if you count building the charc basket while watching TV one night.

Drum marked

DSC01586.jpg

Bottom cut out, lip ground smooth, holes all drilled and grate supports in

DSC01588.jpg

Thermo in, ball valve in and lid on

DSC01591.jpg

Charc basket

DSC01592.jpg

Lit

DSC01594.jpg

Thin and Blue

DSC01595.jpg

Traditional seasoning fatties

DSC01599.jpg

All set for the next morning's brekkie

DSC01600.jpg

4 hours MoyBoy, that's all it takes to have a working UDS. 6 cans of Foster's is all you need.

:lol:

Firstly....6 cans of Fosters would have me throwing my hole up.....Actually 1 can of fosters would....:)

Secondly.....Did you give your drum a burn out before you smoked in it??? Even if it was a food grade drum, you should still give it a big burn out before smoking food in it!!!!! Can be Harmful to your health if you don't!!!!

Four hours? Not 189 days? Look at Pippy trying to take you down lol.

Nice!

No, no burn MoyBoy. It's a brand new, never been used, unlined drum and I scrubbed it out with a stiff brush and hot soapy water. When I fired it up the first time I let it run wide open until it reached 525º then let it run at that for 2 hours before cooling it down to 235º to cook the fatties. I know lots of guys that get new drums and don't burn them out.

So what was your total cost to make this MichChef? Really looking forward to more pics since Moyboy never uses his...:lol:

No worries mate......Not trying to cause grief....Just didn't want you hurting yourself ;)

Again, the food looks great!!!

moyboy said:
No worries mate......Not trying to cause grief....Just didn't want you hurting yourself ;)

Again, the food looks great!!!
What do you mean again? You never said that. You just tried to add hours to his build... acting as if a true burn takes 190 days so you'd win :lol:

It cost me right around $100.00, but I was in a hurry and bought what I needed without pricing around. When I build another one next Spring, I'll probably knock $20-30.00 off the price. I paid $30.oo for the brand new drum and I can get all I want. I'll start salvaging and scrounging for the new one now and hopefully will have the charcoal grate, a cooking grate or two and a Weber lid by then.

Cool. Did you do all the welding and such yourself? I am going to have to make me one of them next year now that I know that they don't take 189 days of hard labor to make. :lol:

Back