• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense The best tasting non-hot C.chinense ever - The Aji jobito

Just finished eating it.. Was exactly as Nigel described.. Hit of Chinense smell when cut open, you get that instant 'Hot pod' reaction that chinense smell gives you, but No.. No heat at all, not a single scoville .. Thick walled, medium firmness. Taste on this pod was probably a little lacking to a full pod as it was a first but it was all chinense with a small amount of sweetness. 

I found afterwards I had an after taste of Mandarin's in my mouth and on my breath.  Can't wait for a full sized pod.. Photo to come. 

This thread is beautiful. I've been blessed many times over through my years of internetting to be a part of a real group effort of PEOPLE that come together. To see things like this here just further reinforces to me how glad I am to have stumbled across this place. Kudos to all of you, esp. Dru. Really does warm the heart.

Is the link http://lindbergf.tictail.com/ still functional for ordering purposes? I'd love to drop a bunch of these before it's too late.

<3

The site was still active when I ordered start of Feb.
He is only offering two bundles.

I have not yet received seeds from the order, but I expect it to take a while.

KrakenPeppers said:
Just finished eating it.. Was exactly as Nigel described.. Hit of Chinense smell when cut open, you get that instant 'Hot pod' reaction that chinense smell gives you, but No.. No heat at all, not a single scoville .. Thick walled, medium firmness. Taste on this pod was probably a little lacking to a full pod as it was a first but it was all chinense with a small amount of sweetness. 

I found afterwards I had an after taste of Mandarin's in my mouth and on my breath.  Can't wait for a full sized pod.. Photo to come. 

any seeds worth saving?

Nah, they were on the small side and had those little brown edges... I have several other pods that grew a few days after the first one that should be ready soon ..

These plants produce way better then I was expecting. I now have 7 plants in isolation and each plant has about 20 set peppers on each one. There are lots of flowers on each one now, so we will see if I can get 40-60 pods each on these comparatively small plants.
If they produce any kind of seeds at all, I will have seeds available in less than 2 months. I'm thinking about having at least 10 packs of 20 each to sell and then donate the money to fig. Smokenfire was so good to help make these available, I will be very happy to continue the trend. At that time, I will need the details to forward him the money. Tom

cycadjungle said:
These plants produce way better then I was expecting. I now have 7 plants in isolation and each plant has about 20 set peppers on each one. There are lots of flowers on each one now, so we will see if I can get 40-60 pods each on these comparatively small plants.
If they produce any kind of seeds at all, I will have seeds available in less than 2 months. I'm thinking about having at least 10 packs of 20 each to sell and then donate the money to fig. Smokenfire was so good to help make these available, I will be very happy to continue the trend. At that time, I will need the details to forward him the money. Tom

Way cool Tom!! When that time comes let me know and I'll forward you his paypal info.  :D

Fig said he was sending some more seeds to me a while back.  When they arrive I'll post back in this thread with availability.  To date I have at least one of every variety sprouted - the entire tray below is filled with Fig's seeds.  Going to let the others stay in the peat a couple more weeks and hope for more.  Here they are now:

2q809yw.jpg

Thats what i call "thick walled" ! I wish my "Frontera Sweet" last year had that "tickness". Had an awesome taste but i hate thin walls when eating peppers fresh.

I havr two Aji Jobito hooks - nothing else up yet.

SmokenFire, how long will it be before your weather is safe enough to ship a plant your way? It would pleasure me a great deal to send you up a plant that right now, is already balling up and ready to flower. It is only about 8 inches tall, so it will be easy to ship. If I have to wait a month, it will probably already have pods set on it. You took care of me well, and I appreciate that more than you could know. I always try to take care of people who take care of me.

cycadjungle said:
SmokenFire, how long will it be before your weather is safe enough to ship a plant your way? It would pleasure me a great deal to send you up a plant that right now, is already balling up and ready to flower. It is only about 8 inches tall, so it will be easy to ship. If I have to wait a month, it will probably already have pods set on it. You took care of me well, and I appreciate that more than you could know. I always try to take care of people who take care of me.

You're too kind cycadjungle!  I'm in 5a, won't plant out till May 15th or so.  But I can always keep it in the house till then.  :)  

SmokenFire said:
You're too kind cycadjungle!  I'm in 5a, won't plant out till May 15th or so.  But I can always keep it in the house till then.  :)
Yes, but are you getting weeks now where it isn't freezing? We could just time it right. I can look at the 15 day forecast for Chicago and figure it out. Tom

Just looked, around March 9-12 your lowest low is 40. This coming week you are too dammed cold

SmokenFire said:

You're too kind cycadjungle!  I'm in 5a, won't plant out till May 15th or so.  But I can always keep it in the house till then.   :)

The seeds you send me had a 100% germ rate.   No internet at my house besides the phone and my phone camera stopped working.   These should be ready to plant outside around the first week of April.   I hope to start getting full production in June (hopefully).   

Can't wait for this season to get started here. 

I also am having very good germ rates.

I planted three each of Aji Chirel and Aji Jobito and at present have 2/3 sprouts for each.

Wow.. The Jobito would have to be one of he longest ripeing time sof any pods I have.. The season is about to wind up here in the next 2 months and I have had one ripe pod so far, most of my other plants have started ripening across the whole plant.

Back