• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense The best tasting non-hot C.chinense ever - The Aji jobito

KrakenPeppers said:
I am STILL waiting for a second pod to ripen... THey wer some of the first pods to form on my plants.. And other then the one ripe pod I have had other than my Yaki Blue they wold be the longest to ripen pods I have..

maybe move it to a location with different sunlight?

KrakenPeppers said:
I had it originaly in a hot house with partial light, then I moved it to full sun, then tried a half day sun area, now back in full sun.. It's just stalled =(

Never mind all that how did that one pepper pod taste, Kane?  :rofl:

It was O.K, no heat, crunchy and juicy with that chinense flavour. Mildy sweet but definetly underdeveloped flavour on the small pod.. I had an aftertaste of Mandarin in my mouth that was pleasant. I think the larger pods will develop that sweetness Nigel talked about and deepen and enrich that flavour.

I had a look today on my plant and the second pod has ripened up, there should be several more following it up as they podded up together. I will give a better secondary evaluation on these larger more mature pods.

plucked this off one of my Jobitos a couple weeks ago...

image_zpsdsurycnc.jpeg

Here's some of my new Ripe Aji Jobitos, It seems the pods are taking on a slightly elongated look ..  Some are still fairly round while others are more ribbed and lengthy.

Flavour was much better on these larger riper pods, very mild and sweet, thick and crunchy with no heat... Still waiting for that mind blowing taste, still only first round pods so I'm giving them some time to impress, saying that though, for a Chinense, if these had some real good heat I could see these being amazing for a hot pepper..

ColdSmoke said:
plucked this off one of my Jobitos a couple weeks ago...

image_zpsdsurycnc.jpeg

Just catching some rays... lol.. That's  big leaf.. Mine where BIG but that's HUGE lol.. Buts my Big Black Mama Leaves to shame lol

If anyone is still looking for aji jobito seeds... The Hippy Seed Company recently anounced on their facebook page that they will soon be selling it.

Clipboard01.png

I am happy to report that Joe Delaney's package from Lindberg has arrived and I now have jobito seed, along with aji llaneron, aji rosita yellow & red and aji margariteno.

Descriptions of the seeds can be found earlier in this thread.  If you're interested in some seed please PM me.  I encourage everyone to read through the whole thread so they can get to know Lindberg, his family, and why we are doing this.  :)

I may end up getting more Llaneron and Margariteno from you if these do not pop for me this time around. I am determined to get them to grow lol.

SmokenFire said:
I am happy to report that Joe Delaney's package from Lindberg has arrived and I now have jobito seed, along with aji llaneron, aji rosita yellow & red and aji margariteno.

Descriptions of the seeds can be found earlier in this thread.  If you're interested in some seed please PM me.  I encourage everyone to read through the whole thread so they can get to know Lindberg, his family, and why we are doing this.   :)

I'm not trying to stop people from buying from Lindberg of course :)

Hello everyone, I discovered this thread and this forum while searching for pepper seeds. I can't wait to get my hands on these peppers!! Thank you to Lindberg Figueroa for making these available to us!

I finally have some good sized pods ripening up on my plant.. I have found that crossing it has been a challenge, it been dropping a lot of the flowers.. Going to give it one last shot today on some of the last flowers for the season ...

I just came back from being a vendor at the Pinellas Park Pepper Festival. I brought a 30 inch tall, thick looking Jobito plant, covered with flowers and a few peppers on it and it lasted both days and nobody bought it. I'm really amazed.

cycadjungle said:
I just came back from being a vendor at the Pinellas Park Pepper Festival. I brought a 30 inch tall, thick looking Jobito plant, covered with flowers and a few peppers on it and it lasted both days and nobody bought it. I'm really amazed.

What price? Also normal people dont know shit. I'm sure if a knowing pepper head saw it, they'd have crapped a golden egg to buy it.

They are in 3 gallon containers with a round metal, tomato cage for $30. I sold plenty of plants, but most people over looked it. Nobody knew what a Jobito was, or what a Wartryx was. Sold a lot of reaper plants that were about 40 inches tall though.
This WAS a pepper festival, but most of the vendors were sauce people, but mostt all of them use the more mainstream peppers and don't know squat about these new or unusual ones. One person knew what a Fatalii was though. Yea, one out of the 800 people who came to the booth. The majority of the sauces there were either habanero, or scotch bonnet based.

I don't believe I'm being arrogant when I say that many people on this forum are far more knowledgeable about peppers and pepper plants than most of the general public and some of the more "pepper inclined" types out there.

I'm a voracious reader & researcher and I continually learn more and more each day. We must admit that there are numerous "new types/strains" either by discovery or by intention and the general public (even those at pepper festivals) may not have the time or inclination to be as aware.

That's where we come in and educate the public ;)

Maligator said:
I don't believe I'm being arrogant when I say that many people on this forum are far more knowledgeable about peppers and pepper plants than most of the general public and some of the more "pepper inclined" types out there.
It's true though, most people I have met that love spicy food think the Thai Birdseye or the Habanero is the hottest. When I went to the Fremantle Chilli festival (which was awesome) here in Oz there was a Caroliner Reaper sauce craze and almost every vendor had Reaper sauce. Around 30 varieties of pepper plants were available to purchase and it was nice to see more unusual varieties available, but the common ones like Jalepeno and Thai sold out first as even most chilli heads don't know what a '7pot Jonah' is..

Jase4224 said:
Around 30 varieties of pepper plants were available to purchase and it was nice to see more unusual varieties available, but the common ones like Jalepeno and Thai sold out first as even most chilli heads don't know what a '7pot Jonah' is..
This is purely speculation but I believe the reason those were the first plants to sell out is primarily because many people cannot eat superhot peppers. They may buy some superhot pods to try out but that's about the extent of it unless they find that they enjoy those pods.

People that enjoy eating superhot peppers are a pretty small subsection of the population. Everyone else thinks we are crazy or have burned away our taste buds.

Back