food The big badass pasta thread

Cool! Yeah I get my pasta from a place that makes it locally and dries it, it's VERY good. But I figured you may be using one those brands, guess not. Yeah De Cecco is superior to Barilla for sure! Barilla falls apart no matter how you cook it. Cheapo crap.

Mezzi 32b huh? Awesome. Yeah the 26 are a bit short but they are good for dishes with a lot of small ingredients, like peas, and onions, etc.

Gotta get me some 32.

That time nearly the original carbonara recipe. Only a variant, oil change...

if3dncYT0tGx7.jpg

500g guanciale, 800g spaghetti, pecorino romano, 6 eggs.

ion2JX07anezr.jpg

Employed someone to beat egg with black pepper powder and some grated pecorino...

Fry guanciale:

iwhCBEVce02pX.gif

That's a revenge from my last carbonara... That time i cooked it in the right way!

The variant from classic recipe:

in original recipe you fry and that's all. I've discarded liquid (fat+peanuts oil used to fry) the i added evo oil to guanciale:

iX2DgS0M7NkTb.jpg

Of course no more cooking!

This was the no-more-liquid discarded after some hours:

ibxUVdFfaLIkO6.jpg

I don't know if it's really better to keep that or to change with evo oil... I want to try that! That time i couldn't becasue someone didn't want!

Random pics:

ibuKZwPgTdv4Dg.jpg

ibhS6GzXtzr3eV.jpg

id4DaLkamRyyY.jpg

That was epic!!! Romans are right, guanciale + pecorino is better than bacon and parmesan (or grana)! I've done carbonara lots of times with bacon but that is better!

Dessert!

ibbCVjenamgNSx.jpg

Excellent habanero chocolate pie! If you are interested i've posted the recipe on "others". It's really better than how it looks!

I dont cook this very often but it is a dish i like.... kinda a creamy prawn pasta...... also needed to use up a coupla things that made it in....

Ingredients:

- 250g dry pasta
- 750g prawns cleaned
- evo
- 1 leek
- half white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1T butter
- 1T flour
- half tsp cumin
- 1 cup stock
- 1 cup cream
- parmesan
- green onions
- basil

nziu.jpg

6vu9.jpg

2ffs.jpg

m9jb.jpg
d9rk.jpg

...... chilli and beer to serve,... goes down a treat...... :party:

Tinnie I've put on a couple pounds stuffing my piehole over the holidays so I hope you don't mind if I don't eat the pasta and just pick out the shrimps.

The dish looks gorgeous and chingon!

The Hot Pepper said:
Barilla falls apart no matter how you cook it. Cheapo crap.

Kind o' late to the game, but..... really??? I'm not a big starch eater, but I do fix pasta from time to time for my fam, and since I'm not grocery shopping much lately, they get what they pick up at the store, which often is Barilla. I have never, ever had the stuff fall apart on me. Makes me wonder.....

That aside, there are some great looking pastas going on in this thread!

Some stuff with remnants of cooked tuna with garlic, tomato and cumin. Melt some gorgonzola with hot powder

iP1KzKhXWdfLA.jpg

and sage...

iyvsfasZKb3Tp.jpg

ilSZUnNuID703.jpg

It's for tomorrow, i really don't konw if it will be good or not...
Gorgonzola is bad for diet... But pasta is weighted (100g) and is the only dish so should be ok...

Great shrimps!
Things above are pasta or was for other thread?
Looks glorious btw, spaghetti alla pescatora would be great with that!

Ahh ok now i see! I confused tortellini with some guacamole-like sauce (i'm on laptop and monitor isn't the best...). Now we need to know what's inside tortellini!

Essegi said:
Ahh ok now i see! I confused tortellini with some guacamole-like sauce (i'm on laptop and monitor isn't the best...). Now we need to know what's inside tortellini!
Spinach noodle with cheese filling. :) Tortellini 

Nice, i don't remember if i've ever had spinach tortellini but sounds very good (i kwnow better spinach gnocchi or Spätzle that are great, i suppose there's some affinity).

Mezzi rigatoni with cream, ham and grated grana padano and some oil. You just can't go wrong with that combo.

iNHuxvjmsW4YL.jpg

I didn't cook it but here i added some hot powder... And was good!
inmTg6o0QpofY.jpg

Too bad i had to eat only one dish!

Back