food The big badass pasta thread

Color spacing... got it. This is should look better for some of you peeps. I can't see the diff on my comp, but I can on my phone.

12696228473_4621806252_h.jpg

12696124893_4ed1e6c62f_h.jpg

12696225183_d444dfa481_h.jpg

Scoville DeVille said:
I didnt do nothin. Just iCropped it with MiPad.

It don't matter, I am sure in a blind taste test, I would win. I mean, your meal would rock.

Yep. Figured out what I was doing wrong. From now on... fixed. Your screen capture helped me figure it out. Thanks! BIG-TIME

What happened Sum? You posted CMYK colors? I noticed the off color thought you overcooked the sauce, looks much better lol.

Question is, how long you been doing that? :doh:

LOOKS SLAMMIN'

The Hot Pepper said:
What happened Sum? You posted CMYK colors? I noticed the off color thought you overcooked the sauce, looks much better lol.

Question is, how long you been doing that? :doh:

LOOKS SLAMMIN'

Wasn't saving sRGB embedded. Not sure how long I've been posting like that. If I had to guess... about a year or two. Yikes!

Ha! If it makes you feel any better, I haven't really noticed anything off before.

The Hot Pepper said:
Ha! If it makes you feel any better, I haven't really noticed anything off before.

Doesn't make me feel any better. It depends on what device you are using and what color profiles are on it. If your browser has no other color profiles to draw from, it uses its default... which means most people were/are seeing crap... and I didn't realize it.

neoguy said:
Where's the sauce recipe? That's more important right now.  :drooling:

Nobody will ever know.

SoFlo keeps all their sheeit on lockdown.

Ever body also wants the SoFlo Man Gravy recipe.

Negative.

Ain't happnin'.

I must brag and admit that I have it. I had to swear to secrecy, leave them my Caddy in my will, ride a goat in front of hungry alligators and get a micro chip implanted in my neck, but they gave me the recipe.

Worth it?

That would be HAEL YES.

Random pasta of the day!
Why i handn't some bresaola?!?!?

iemQQsWsVBeBa.jpg

Funny pasta type: schiaffoni, that means big slaps. Probably they are very good with oven cooking too... 16 mins for cooking!
The rest: Asiago, milk, salsiccia Napoli~pepperoni (with fennel seeds that time and was good), flour,butter.
A very samll amount of salt too.

Asiago sauce!
iVQoD46oLLPl.jpg

Heat 1/2L milk and grate 150g Asiago. Stir.

imHEC1JMzrBCu.jpg

Heat butter, 30-40g

ibrgoxpPvDF8Ld.jpg

When melt add 2 tablespoons of wheat

i3zyDNrTHbXqY.jpg

When Asiago and milk boil, mix with butter wheat.
I've added a bit of salt, a teaspoon or less.
Cook a bit and stir.

iblQ0H70MoZrKH.jpg

Turn off fire and put cut pepperoni, stir.

i22RKKqXBxgff.jpg

Mix with pasta when it's cooked.

iEaUXJIpX7XTd.jpg

And mix!

ibtIbASgXWqxO.jpg

And eat!
Some Grana Padano or Parmigiano is excellent here.

Then complain that you have no bresaola. Really, that melt was screaming for bresaola!
Btw fennel flavour was not bad!

Most Americans would look at that dish and call it an awesome mac & cheese.

Whatever you call it.

Awesome would be a good name to call it.

Si senor.

Lets just call it Awesome!

Thanks TB and Sum!
For a cheese lover this is a very good and simple recipe! Something remotely like a pasticcio, we have asiago cream that is similar to besciamella (and better imho), but not cooked with oven (and i like this better).
Btw bresaola version should be called beyond awesome! :D

EDIT: eat laftovers after 1:30 h... Is even better! Still more bresaola catalyst flavor!

Back