food The Drunken Chef

It's 1.20 pm and I'm 6 beers in..and this is Lamb leg marinated in natural yoghurt, bay leaf, lemon zest, lemon juice and pepper. Cooked for 1 1/2 hours over charcoal with hickory, turned frequently and now in the oven wrapped in tinfoil @ 175C for 1 hour.

P5170515.jpg

Hopefully finished pics l8r's if I can manage..:lol:

Timmy - Love the pears, Wheebz - Nothing wrong with mushies in your chili, looks great to me. I had some of my last batch last night and pissed fire this morning, DTS - Lamb looks very tasty.

Now that's the real deal ya'll. DTS for the hot blue and righteous!! THP.....hehehe...gets the F......:lol:

THP...you'd better bring somethin' for the pie....better get practiicin'....:lol:

I gots more than cheese and salmon too.....

Wheebs, that chili looks awesome. I made chili last night too, actually a quite similar recipe (minus the shrooms, but I dig the idea!). Gotta work on your beer selection. Bigfoot is fantastic, red rocket looks really good too, but you may want to consider libations that come in any of the following:
Paper Bags
16oz. 4-pack cans
Bowling Pin Shaped Bottles (or sponsored by bull-riding events)
or widemouth varieties. I know the beer is crap, I'm a homebrewer, but it gets you drunk and it smiles pretty for the pictures! :)

TB and THP can join forces for the pie battle and make oven-cued salmon-ribs and cheese pie with fatali powder. Do salmon even have ribs?

THP...good ol'fashioned cookout summertime BBQ food! Did you make your own sausage this time? I think I'm going to have to replicate your menu. Corn is on sale.

DTS...damn...that lamb looks great! Slow and low...I would be ripped drunk by the time that was ready!
Why do the words DAMN and LAMB end with the same sound and a different letter? The english language sucks.

The Blues Kitchen was feelin' fishy ya'll. Fresh halibut fletch with a little butter, olive oil, and PF's hotness.....and some of my tex-mex mojofied rice...

IMG_2300.jpg

'Lawd have mercy! Whoa! It's not salmon!!

IMG_2302.jpg

Just a touch of foo foo on a plate. I didn't bother with a fork. I tipped the plate up and power shoveled it in. No 'mo hungy..

IMG_2304.jpg

SoFlo posse. Livin it up. Played some sand volleyball, washed off in the pool, listened to some music that we couldn't understand the words....and had to bust out the pasta machine all while enjoying some of the finest beer from the city in wisconsin that we cant spell without an evil red line underneath it (starts with a mil, can't figure out the rest right now, had too many!). We were drunk enough to try fried ravioli. but what were we going to use for a stuffing???? LEFTOVER CHILI!!!
Last night, in our first try at drunken chef, me and SumBits made some kick ass chipotle chili with NO beans, beef and pork, beer, lots of good stuff. There were enough leftovers for this latest venture. Enjoy.
This was so damn tasty! Hopoe the pictures do it justice.
I feel ilke I'm typing with 8 thumbs right now!
Here's the pasta with the stuffing
IMG_2216.jpg

Goes into the hot oil. Makes me want to slap Sum's momma.

IMG_2219.jpg

Some sour cream (the sourest of all creams) and some chipotles with adobo...or as we call them down here, panty melters.

IMG_2228.jpg

The final product...with some foo for the ladies...

IMG_2223.jpg

This is worth a shot! SoFlo posse, just like TB and JT weekend, but everyday! Good Times!

That's a hell of a trip for a beer run....Miami to Milwaukee!

I usually just run to the 7-11. :lol:

TB.....frydad.....the grub looks fantastic!!

Oh man!!!! You guys have been bringing it big time! Wheebz I sure hope you still have some of that chili for me. TB, I KNOW how good that fish was and FD4 you guys bring it every time! Awesome all of you.

Fine FINE looking eats there frydad4! As for the Milwaukee Light, well it's a fine beer too if you don't care about taste and like to pee a lot :lol:

Damn! I would have to look in here when I'm hungry! Love the chops Paul.

I was hoping to bbq some salmon tonight, but the thunder, lightning and heavy rains have put the kaibosh on that :mad:

Back