food The Drunken Chef

Novacastrian said:
Little bit of "Habernero Splash" to provide heat and WHAMMO THERE YOU GO!
God i love oysters under the grill... oh and Tequila, i LOVE good Tequila.
And beer i love good beer.. hehehe

mel001.jpg

mel002.jpg

That is just KILLER!! Nova for the HB&R!!

I'm almost scared to post here at the moment, but Nova I would soooooo love to tear into a pile of those. PF I beg to differ, you did not plate yours up before me, you just posted the pics before me. I will be getting those pics up here soon.

Here's my delinquent pics from yesterday. Lump crabcake with panko, crinkle-cut sweet potato fries, and deep fried pretzel breaded pickles. The drink is a variation of a Long Island with pineapple juice replacing the coke.

100_6389.jpg

100_6390.jpg

JayT said:
Here's my delinquent pics from yesterday. Lump crabcake with panko, crinkle-cut sweet potato fries, and deep fried pretzel breaded pickles. The drink is a variation of a Long Island with pineapple juice replacing the coke.

100_6389.jpg

100_6390.jpg

Wherdja git da plait frouom man, iz ancient@ best! tequila....

JayT said:

100_6389.jpg

100_6390.jpg

Allow me to quote Nova....

"Do you have $2. Ramji is a young boy from Namibia. He has one eye, only one arm and just one leg. Everyday he must travel 7 miles to school on a rusty bicycle with bent wheels, no brakes, and only one pedal on a bumpy dirt road. If you have just $2 we will send you a video of Ramji.......
Its f#@king hilarious!"

Unquote

The morale of the story is that even Ramji would ride 100 miles to get that plate of HB&R Jay. I'd ride a 100 miles too...and on Ramji's bike!!!

I don't know if it was that good, but Mrs. JayT ate the leftovers so it was pretty good. I actually baked and broiled the crabcakes this time. The pickles and fries were in teh deepfryer tho. I thought the sauce was terrific. Just a mayo-mustard-relish kinda thing.

Hmmm yum looks good Nova

My desert

Cloves, sugar, lemon, b leaf and a 2005 shriaz

chpudwithpear003.jpg

Poached the pear and mixed up a cho pudding with a bit of jolokia mixed in

chpudwithpear008.jpg

Reduced the poaching mix while the pear/pudding was in the oven and melted in some chocolate to make up a nice sauce.

chpudwithpear015.jpg

Now finishing of the red :)

texas blues said:
I know your work first hand. Cut the bullshite....I know damn well how good that was...! How you doin' my brotha'?

I'm good. Off to Peppers at the Beach this morning. Going to see Passow there. I think I may take your sauce along to show them how you make some good stuff. Well, talk to you when I get back.

Timmy your dish looks AWESOME!! YUMMMM!!!!

i had turkey kiev and chips with pain2 sauce.... too drunk to remember to take pics.. but it was tasty :P after a day of termite busting at mum and dads place surely you guys will forgive me ;)

So I decided to make some chili today

Ingredients:
Applewood Bacon
Beef Tips
ground beef 93% lean
diced tomatoes
pureed tomatoes
1 bottle of 2008 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine
hungarian red peppers
jalapeno peppers
dried pasilla peppers
ancho chili powder
cocoa chili powder
cayenne pepper
srirachi sauce
birds eye pepper sauce
cumin
nutmeg
black pepper
sea salt
mushrooms
onions
pan searing flour to thicken it up

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

DSC_0405.jpg

I love shroomies, so I was digging through the fridge and came across an entire thing of baby bellas, so I was just like BAM emeril style and threw them in there

BBQ Hot Italian Sausage on Crusty Italian Bread and Cajun Corn (rub) in da house 2 nite! Beans and slaw too.

Smuttynose IPA (Bottom of bottle, top right! Haha lucky I got that in da shot.)

Attachments

• bbq_sausage_5-15-10.jpg
    bbq_sausage_5-15-10.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 85
Back