food The Drunken Chef

Fresh out the oven:

ba1a2b99.jpg

And chow down time!!

b671180a.jpg

well i never whack the head off ,but yes like fresh from the yard.
even a egg with no chemicals 100% free range "my birds travel over half mile a day" is just so much better . makes all egg or chickens frm store taste like crap

that looks good mgold,,,,,bummer no meat but looks like somrthing my wife would make me eat,which ususally turns ou tasty!

nice job

Thanks homes. I honestly didn't even think of the no meat thing until I got home and started cookin. I am doin a 8 lb pork shoulder this weekend for memorial day, so stby for enough meat to sate your desires.

Fear not the porkage Jster. The pig is your friend.

This weekend should see many grilling and que-ing posts here on THP.

Bring your hungry.

I have smoked em, slow cooked em in the slow cooker and roasted em in the oven and (don't bite my head off), but I love them slow cooked in the oven. I take the butt, brine it and then slow cook it about 1-1.5 hrs/lb at 225 in the oven. I usually throw it in at about 10 pm or midnight, take it out by 10-12pm, let it sit for an hour or so and rest, drain the fat into a container, pull it, and stick it in the fridge. When it is about an hour before eatin time, i pull it out of the fridge with the fat, pull the layer of fat off the drippings (it will be orange) and then spread the remainder fat around the pulled meat and reheat slow at 300-350 for about 30-40 mins. Then it is time to eat! Here is a pic from a few weeks ago

4b4aaa0c.jpg

Then you top with bbq

Here is the recipe:

Dry Rub
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cayenne pepper or hot chili powder (I used some 7 pot powder)
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp ground pepper
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1/2 cup brown sugar

Brine
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 qts cold water
3 tbsp dry rub mix
2 bay leaves

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]inse the pork shoulder and place in a large container, pour in the brine solution until the shoulder is completely covered. Cover the container and place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours. Then remove pork shoulder from brine solution, pat dry with paper towels, place in baking pan that is bigger than the shoulder by at least a inch in length and width and at least 3 inches deep. Sprinkle dry rub onto the surface of the shoulder and massage in such that it adheres to the surface. Coat all sides. Make sure the fat layer on the shoulder is facing up before cooking! Place baking pan uncovered in a 225 degree oven on the middle rack. Insert a probe thermometer into the center or thickest part of the shoulder, but not touching the bone. Monitor the temperature throughout cooking (a digital thermometer with an alarm function is the easiest way to do this). Do not remove from the oven until the center of the shoulder reaches 200 degrees. When the shoulder has reached 200 degrees, shut off the oven and let the roast cool for a couple of hours before removing from the oven. If the bottom of the pan is dry (or crusted with dried spices) then cover the pan with foil to retain internal moisture of the meat during the cooling period. When the temperature drops to 170 degrees or slightly lower, remove from oven. Place on a large, clean work surface such as a cutting board, and remove the large sheet of crusted fat on the top. Pull apart with two forks, it will pull apart very easily.[/background]​

THP hates oven non smoked pulled pork.

That's the only way mrs. blues gets down though.

I like to be liking that MG.

A splooge of some vin based que sauce and topped with coleslaw on a bun.

Have mercy!

I call it hot blue and righteous!

Honestly, I would do the smoker thing but all I got is a bullet smoker that can't regulate heat. It is better for it to taste good and be cooked in the oven then be overcooked and taste like dog farts and be cooked in a smoker. Until I get a smoker that can regulate heat, the oven it is!

Gold I was gonna give you a gold star for the almost vegetarian dish but then I saw the pork... which happens to be one of my favorite things. Pulled pork sandwiches with some grilled onions and peppers and spicy bbq sauce for the win.

So +2 for you.
:cheers:

3 shots and 7 hosky's deep. Had me a craving for some mac & cheese. Crap. No mac. Okay, rotelli then. Got some japones. No wait, they're arbols. Negative again. Japones. WTF are they??? Slap yourself and throw 'em in anyway.

IMG_3643.jpg

Drink 2 more hosky's and a shot. Pasta is done, draining in a colander. Start tossing.

Butter, garlic, yellow onion, button mushrooms, broccoli, sun dried toms.

Looks kind of veganish. WRONG!

IMG_3647.jpg

Hit that stuff with a little AP flour, cream and shredded tilly.

(action photo missing. Busy peeing in the back yard)

Take another bump of tequila from the bottle. Pour a shot for the pic so the hippy's don't get scared.

Mao on this.

IMG_3649.jpg

The japones or whatever what in the balls they were, were nice and zippy. Slightly smoky and pequinish.

IMG_3650.jpg

Leftovers for lunch today.

Damm you TB, I bet you ate that like you're mad at it,
Cuz I'm looking at these pictures like I'm mad at YOU!

P.S. that better be a glass of Tequilla Silver in that glass...

We'll just go with that.

Back