food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

awesome boom. i dont know how you eat all this awesome stuff you post? you must burn like 3000 calories a day? maybe you are a marathon runner? maybe a swimmer training for the olympics? maybe you work 15 hours a day in the coal mines? maybe?? :rofl:

Take notes people! Perfect tortillas! Nice Tacos señor.

And the AUS womens swimmers/ divers are SMOKIN HOT!

awesome boom. i dont know how you eat all this awesome stuff you post? you must burn like 3000 calories a day? maybe you are a marathon runner? maybe a swimmer training for the olympics? maybe you work 15 hours a day in the coal mines? maybe?? :rofl:

Just maybe, I wonder myself sometimes....
Labor intensive job, gym 5 days a week, lots of Golf.

Dunno?

Or it could be the healthy sheeit Boom eats.

Like them shark/fish tacos with sweet chile sauce.

Without a doubt the pics of them look super wombat chingon!

All things taco eh?

food_flirtz_taco.gif

BOTH of you guys need corn tortillas....!!!!!!!!.....!!!!!....!!!!!.... no flour.

But.... I cannot deny the pibil.

Weird they look like toasted flour tortillas.
You may proceed with sending me one.

i accidentally bought a couple of packs of carne asada as opposed to the chimichuri beef sirloin that we like ... it's flavorful, but i somewhat lack appreciation for the tougher cut ...

might as well cook it up and get it gone ...

it doesn't get much discussion, but i consider the inclusion of fresh pods in meals presented as being generally more impressive than using powder and jarred jalapenos etc ... to each, but ...

more controversy ... am full of rhetoric ...

some people are going to say, invariably, you could have seasoned it better yourself ...

but i'd have had to brine it and waited for a length of time, all while dirtying X number of containers and cutting boards and while we're at it ... let's not grill it ...

oh, the horror ... time to make the bed ...

and, lie in it ...

let's just say that first one I attempted to mouthfist w/o cutting the carne asada was a lesson ... a lesson in how much tougher carne asada's cut is than beef sirloin (as used in the chimichuri variant) ...

i got civilized and cut the meat and re-assembled #2 ...

chewy, tough carne asada DOES have a nice flavor profile, but i'll take the chimichuri seasoned beef sirloin each and every day over top of it ...

just one of a number of ways i wouldn't be BMOC in Tx, i guess ...

we'll see what i do the second carne asada ... maybe i'll grind the meat and make a burger with it or something, I dunno ...

i accidentally bought a couple of packs of carne asada as opposed to the chimichuri beef sirloin that we like ... it's flavorful, but i somewhat lack appreciation for the tougher cut ...

Get skirt for carne asada. Not sure why that one is tougher is says sirloin like the other flavor you bought. Maybe it's the marinade.

But carne asada is not a cut, it's a style of thin grilled beef. Usually skirt (fajita in Sp.).

The lime powder could have enough citric acid to denature the proteins causing it to toughen.

That's why any citrus in a marinade should be for a quick marinade. Just a thought.

When people use pineapple to tenderize, they are not after the citric acid but the bromelain, mostly in the skins. I know you love science. :)

The lime powder could have enough citric acid to denature the proteins causing it to toughen.

That's why any citrus in a marinade should be for a quick marinade. Just a thought.

When people use pineapple to tenderize, they are not after the citric acid but the bromelain, mostly in the skins. I know you love science. :)

Totally. Remember when I accidentally pre-cooked that heavily Jaccard'd london broil w/ the kimchi last summer for having over-nighting it w/ an acid ... yeah ...

I am familiar w/ bromelain for tenderizing, yes ...

Could have been a tough piece of the bag, that I got instead of D ... could have been cut wrong in terms of the grain too, I'm sure ... sometimes you get that 'right' for 80% of the piece, but the other 20 can't be salvaged in terms of 'right' ...

So, yeah, I guess it could be a number of factors ...

I'll not grind it, although that sounds like fun for another day ... fajita burgers on corn bread or something wacky like that ...

I get bored ...

Back