food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

Making some fish tacos for lunch.

BUT what is going on here........  JAYT someone has been listening......

IMG_0272.JPG

Alright, didnt use the above, used Tortillas. haha

Some blue eye and mayo on toasted tortillas

DSCF1198.JPG

Add some tomatoe, onion, avocado and some diced Scorpion, splooge on some sriracha and your set

DSCF1203.JPG

DSCF1204.JPG

Booma said:
Some blue eye and mayo on toasted tortillas

What is blue eye? Butter? Sour cream? No idea.

Cool. They look awesome. Thought you were describing something you spread on the tortilla. Some Aussie lingo thing lol.

Boom kicks it with thumb ring approved fish tacos.

Trevally? Cod?

Didn't know that folks ate trevally. 

Always thought it was a big brute of a game fish.

Mexican wraps?

Hmmmph.

I bet they make that sheeit in china.

Fish tacos shall not be denied y'all.

Fresh Alaskan cod dredged in AP flour and sauteed in Black Betty with olive oil, a leeetle butter, and Huy Fong Chile Sauce.

Just look at that gorgeousnessessess.

mrs. blues had some heavy cream hangin' around from some mac she made so I decided to do some sinnin' and throw some in with the cod pheesh along with a whole bunch of chopped cilantro.

Have mercy!

Slap that sheeit on a corn tore tillah along with some shredded cabbage and more cilantro.

This stuff makes men harder than penitentiary steel and women wetter than a shampoo'd water buffalo.

Bling had the day off so no thumb rings were harmed during the making of these tacos.

After Carne Asada and Barbacoa tacos for breakfast and Con Carne enchiladas for lunch, the last thing I wanted for dinner was any thing Mexican or let alone another damn taco for dinner.... right?

WRONG!

Had ta stop off at this place just off the 410 in the Duece Dime.
I've read stories and listened to the reviews... But they, well they're right!

Henry's Puff Tacos are freakin awesome!
I had the spicy shredded beef x 2, add the guac and cheddar with rice and refried.
Damn tasty!!!!

H&B you rock brother. fuck man, my teeth ache for some of that mexican goodness.

dammm thank you for posting that fine goodness.

Ya dude it was good stuff. My teeth don't ache but my belly does. I'm not doin that again for a while. Probably later today ;)
The sign said they were just voted #15 taco In the US.
Now to find the next 14.

Henry's is the originator of the puffy taco and unique to San Antonio and almost unheard of outside of that.

Oddly, I've made my own puffy style tacos but I've never been to Henry's in San Antone.

mrs. blues and I love tacos of all kinds but she gives the thumbs up or down on a joint based on the quality of the queso.

Did you sample any queso?

What gave those tacos the spiceenesxct?

Refrieds looks disgusting. Other than that, hittable.

The Hot Pepper said:
Refrieds looks disgusting. Other than that, hittable.

You sir are on drugs.

Ain't you been to Mexico?

I went to a joint in old Puerto Vallarta heavy with locals and that is just the style of beans they served.

Our 4 top was the only gabacho table in the joint which was packed with Mexicans.

Looks like they were in a steam table getting all crusty around the edges and they added water and stirred them up. You can have them. I like real "refried" beans. Ain't got nuthin' to do with water or soup.

Back