• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

How? LOL.

Shreds of pork in lard... never mind.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418087154.390578.jpg

Any time man. Though I can only cook in my own kitchen, so you guys would have to come down this way.

If I had a truck I'd bring my weber kettle up there and smoke something all good like

I don't hot sauce. I don't have a single bottle of hot sauce in the house, actually ...

What I did do, though, that you can't see ... is sprinkle the lower-deck (meat) with Smokin' Banshee powder for that one ...

And the next one got some Chocolate Lava ...

And then I had a little more in a bowl without a wrap ...

nAZxoe1.gif

And then I went back to work ... on a Friday night ... after having company ... and I'll *NEVER* do that again ...

I've never met a hot sauce that moved me ...

The only time I use anything similar, is that I keep a squeezie of sriracha around for tuna et al, and I used to keep a bottle of Crystal around for eggs, but I've since quit that too ...

I'm finicky about vinegar, I think ...

That said, I'm sure there are some hella cool hot sauces around, but I would have to drain pour a half dozen bottles to find one I like I'm afraid ...

I did that process, to find beer I like ... I drank like 250x singles one summer from Total Wine ... there's like 6x beers that I like ... A couple of Rogue's, Dead Guy Ale, Blue Moon or the Harpoon Hefe, Lefthand MIlk Stout, and Guinness & Murphy's ...

Other than like a couple of seasonal oatmeal stout & russian imperials along the way, that about does it for me in terms of beer ...

Except for Cigar City, sometimes I like their stuff ... their Marshall Zhukov was exceptional, and their Bolita Brown was oddly enjoyable for me ...

grantmichaels said:
I don't hot sauce. I don't have a single bottle of hot sauce in the house, actually ...

JayT said:
no hot sauce? does not compute

grantmichaels said:
I've never met a hot sauce that moved me ...

The only time I use anything similar, is that I keep a squeezie of sriracha around for tuna et al, and I used to keep a bottle of Crystal around for eggs, but I've since quit that too ...

I'm finicky about vinegar, I think ...

That said, I'm sure there are some hella cool hot sauces around, but I would have to drain pour a half dozen bottles to find one I like I'm afraid ...

Whoa!

Dang Boss, you're a genius. I never would have thought to do this but I think I will have to do this every time I make tacos with pulled pork. I just fried up some pieces of the pork (leftover from the Rellenos), Burnt some tortillas, laid down some shredded lettuce (I know TB but it's like a splooge-sponge LOL) Put some of the chipotle pulled pork on it, some cotija cheese, a little Ranchero sauce and a big-'ol splooge of the sour cream, lime, cayenne Baja sauce. Topped with crispied pork strands.

Damm strrrate.

View attachment 16497

View attachment 16496

View attachment 16495

View attachment 16494

View attachment 16493

Scovalingus rockin' the tacos!

Hot blue and righteous right there with those beautiful crispy pork bits.

And you go beyond where eagles dare.

mrs. jayt would never let Jay put cast iron on her glass top like that.

Nice!

Those looks good!

I see you are indoors and the colors look natural.

Peppers??? Powder???

No peppers, I went with Mrs. Renfros Ghost Pepper Salsa and a sprinkling of Joyner's Banshee powder along with some salt and pepper on the lettuce.

Oh hell, just realized I took the pic before I put the s&p and powder on them.

Back