food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

interesting ... like the color in the meat mix from the zukes ...

they've recently come into my diet as well, and i'm finding them pleasant at this stage of my life (didn't like growing up) ...

grantmichaels said:
interesting ... like the color in the meat mix from the zukes ...

they've recently come into my diet as well, and i'm finding them pleasant at this stage of my life (didn't like growing up) ...

They are really good in ground beef tacos. Been doing it for a few years. Great way to work in more veggies without detracting from taco flavor. They absorb the taco juices and become one with the dish. Texture is pleasant as well if added around same time as onion. 

D3monic said:

They are really good in ground beef tacos. Been doing it for a few years. Great way to work in more veggies without detracting from taco flavor. They absorb the taco juices and become one with the dish. Texture is pleasant as well if added around same time as onion. 

Lately I've sliced them on a mandolin along the long axis, maybe 3/16" or so, and Searzall'd them w/ a little butter, and then rolled it around a little herbed cream cheese ... AMAZING!

JayT said:
Ground beef tacos get a bad knock, I will always love them as the tacos I grew up with. Of course, I season and top mine a little more liberally.

I think we pay homage around here ... I know FD and JHP and I all rock out the OEP's on the regular ...

Tacos make decent diet food.

JayT said:
Ground beef tacos get a bad knock, I will always love them as the tacos I grew up with. Of course, I season and top mine a little more liberally.

You've been away so long you are imagining stuff. 

Tacos look good. I like zucc like that sauted in butter for the flavor, I bet it would be good to saute zucc in butter and then add to the beef mixture with the fats... mmm.

PS. You don't start your onions first? 

Sounds good! I like the onion with a little caramelization so quick saute high heat, turn down, add rest.

Did someone say ground beef tacos?

IMG_5938.JPG

IMG_5939.JPG

Had my nieces over to swim and they wanted tacos.   Ground beef, sautéed peppers and onions, cheese and a nice dose of SmokenFire's El Capitan.

Back