• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The General Taco thread. All things taco.

So, I've been wandering around the site trying to find a general taco thread. I'm sure it exists but the only thing I ran across was taco tuesdays and tex mex. I have tacos whenever I can. To hell with Tuesdays! So this is a thread to post your badass tacos. Recipe or not. Just put up a pic. All tacos welcome.

My dinner
slow cooked, dry rubbed, and smoked pork shoulder shredded and built with some of Salsa Lady's Chipotle BBQ!

Well...... may have been misinformed, they may not make there own booze but do have a lot of it. Will get some pics of what they serve up when where there. So whats some good ones to try??

Tequila List

Blanco
Reposado
Bottled in early stages of process. Aged for minimum of 6 months in American Oak barrels….

Tequilador
Puerto Vallarta (House)
Cazadores
El Capricho
Tromba
Sauza Hornitos
Voodo Tiki
El Jimador
Familia Partida
Cazadores
Herradura Plata
Amate
Calle 23
Espolon
KAH
Familia Partida
J.L.P.
100 años
Tres Generaciones Plata
La Leyenda del Milagro
Leyenda Del Milagro
Herradura
A-ha Toro Blanco
Don Julio
Patron Silver

Añejo
AHA-Toro
Reserva Don Julio
Corralejo
Tres Generaciones
Tiki
c Patron
Gran Centenario
Gran Centenario
A-ha Toro
Caramba
Don Julio 1942
Cazadores

well mine is not a general taco, more like a captain taco.
009-1.jpg

011.jpg

ahahahaha

Are the shells on that shrimp?

It's like eating a cherry or an olive with a pit.
Kb just chews up his taco and then spits the tails out.

Genius.

Yes I know! ahahha
you do not eat the shell??
is very comun here in brazil eat fry shrimp with ALL shell. i like the crispy. :D

Deep fried, if the are just right, ohhh yeeaahhh. But not in my taco, Alfredo, Diablo, Salad, Pizza, Wrap, maybe Ciopino ok.

Someone was talking somewhere about crunchy Tacos. I can't remember where, but I wanted to post Scovie's version.
Take any meat filling in a softened Corn tortilla and close tightly with toothpicks.
Deep fry until lightly golden.
after letting them set for a minute or two, crack open and fill with salsa, lettuce or cabbage, cheese, or whatever you want! Enjoy!

c6f1128c.jpg

78b08125.jpg

fc1d769e.jpg

dc178467.jpg

Lol TB, metal olive pick, like for a martini. We were in a conversation with somebody around here, about how to do this. I hope whoever it was will find this thread. :D

It would work with fish too TB. You probably know this. :)

Lol TB, metal olive pick, like for a martini. We were in a conversation with somebody around here, about how to do this. I hope whoever it was will find this thread. :D

It would work with fish too TB. You probably know this. :)

Yes and no.

Yes it would work on fish.

But no, because I prefer my fish or shrimp either breaded or tempura style.

If I were going crunchy taco style, I'd just fry the fish first.

Crap, now I'm craving fish tacos.

Which is too bad as mrs. blues wants rotisserie chix tacos.

I'm over ruled.

Back