food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

Cazadores = the best.

Hornitos, plah. They have a TV commercial. :lol:

I guess this is general taco, you can have your general tequila.

Looking good TB, gonna be a weekend of Tequila and Mexican. Mates putting on a Mexican day of festivities, mainly drinking tequila, possibly a taco or two

Little Aus-Mex going on tonight. Bush Kangaroo Tacos, whats up

Well lets see what we have here. Tortillas, check, Roo, check, Onion and Capsicum, check, Jalepenos, Of course, little LDHS, and some Ram Jam

SDC12043.JPG

Throw it all in and get cooking

SDC12044.JPG

SDC12045.JPG

Toast those tortillas, Flour ones

SDC12048.JPG

SDC12052.JPG

Roo sliced and diced, finger licking good

SDC12049.JPG

Meal fit for a bloke

SDC12055.JPG

SDC12056.JPG

Slamin them down

SDC12061.JPG

I like tacos.

The whole reson I started growing peppers was to improve my taco experience. I also grow cilantro- same reason.

I'm really looking forward to throwing some pics up here the next time I do a proper batch. Y'all have inspired me. Soon.

Little Aus-Mex going on tonight. Bush Kangaroo Tacos, whats up
SDC12061.JPG

First off Boom, how in the hell did you get Saranac? Years ago I used to get Saranac 1888 but haven't seen that or anything else out of that brewery in years.

Then there's that roo taco.

Have mercy!

I don't care who you are, those are damn guuuud luuuukin' eats right there!

I want to know a little more about this roo meat. What cut is it? Compare it to beef for texture, flavor, etc please.

I don't know what Ram Jam is, and I am not quite sure I want to. :shocked:

Wraps look good.

Ram Jam - Black Betty, couldn't be stealing tb name

First off Boom, how in the hell did you get Saranac? Years ago I used to get Saranac 1888 but haven't seen that or anything else out of that brewery in years.

Then there's that roo taco.

Have mercy!

I don't care who you are, those are damn guuuud luuuukin' eats right there!

Had never even seen Saranac before, but at the local supermarket, there bottle-o had on sale these cases if Saranac. Thought why not give it a try

I want to know a little more about this roo meat. What cut is it? Compare it to beef for texture, flavor, etc please.

Hmmm what cut?? They label it as roo steak/rump. Flavour wise quite similar to your normal steak, game flavour, strong aroma. Texture is a little denser than beef but not tough to chew or anything but I suppose the meat doesn't fall apart as such

After burgers for lunch today, washed down with some whiskey, i couldnt think of anything else than some tacos.

Good days eating

Throw the Corn tortilla in the pan, toast em

SDC12096.JPG

Shark and sweet chili sauce

SDC12097.JPG

Plate up, top with some jalapeno, red onion and LDHS

SDC12099.JPG

Yum

SDC12100.JPG

Back