• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The General Taco thread. All things taco.

So, I've been wandering around the site trying to find a general taco thread. I'm sure it exists but the only thing I ran across was taco tuesdays and tex mex. I have tacos whenever I can. To hell with Tuesdays! So this is a thread to post your badass tacos. Recipe or not. Just put up a pic. All tacos welcome.

My dinner
slow cooked, dry rubbed, and smoked pork shoulder shredded and built with some of Salsa Lady's Chipotle BBQ!

Who are you kidding? You might make them tonight, but you will not post them tonight. I have a couple nice sockeye pieces in the freezer to break out, but I will wait to see confirmation before engaging...

Sounds like you need a SoFlo Floribbean restaurant over there, LDHS. Find me some venture capital! Only problem is... we'll be flying seafood in fresh from Florida daily.

I'd be down! Uh, if I had venture capital $.

Flying seafood in from Florida daily? You do realize there's an ocean on this side of the country, no?
:rofl:

891931_569745313059199_1694615845_o.jpg

Is THAT an OVEN TORTILLA???????

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!

(I still love it tho,lol)

Haha! Scovie can spot those tortillas turned crispy wafers... good eye Scovie... he JayTeed the tortilla but the rest is slammin'!

Kicken ritechous ass I'd say. That pork seviche looks done perfectly. AHHHHHHHHH JK!!!!!

JHP pulled that OVEN tortilla just in the nick o time.

Kicken ritechous ass I'd say. That pork seviche looks done perfectly. AHHHHHHHHH JK!!!!!

JHP pulled that OVEN tortilla just in the nick o time.
Convection toaster oven technically and yes I am an expert at it! If I had grilled the fish it would have been grilled tortillas. I just needed a little crispy so it would not get soggy with Pico.

Hmmmph!

Gall dern photostupid issues have kept me from posting this from when was it, monday? Tuesday? Whatever.

Obvious where this one is going.

IMG_4444_zps2eb823ff.jpg

The whole punch of cilantro, both avo's, garlic, xalapas, kosher salt, lime squeezin's n' pleazin's, thas 'bout it.

IMG_4446_zps7677e5ea.jpg

And no.

It ain't a dadgum green smoothy guac dammit!

IMG_4447_zps6d0c7af7.jpg

100% whole hhhhwheat flour, hungarian paprika, granulated garlic, olive oil, and only a little schwitt of salt.

IMG_4451_zps08ca56ad.jpg

Have mercy!

IMG_4453_zps361bc9a5.jpg

U-8's. The size of a small housecat.

IMG_4454_zps54b4f8e8.jpg

Did you really think I would cook these any different than right here?

IMG_4455_zps8690866e.jpg

I thank God every day I live in America and eat like this.

IMG_4458_zps4f6a9cea.jpg

Chairman Mao this magnificent mojofied shrimp taco.

The guac sauce kicked ass and when it seems perfect, splooge on some sriracha and it IS perfect!

IMG_4459_zpsd4d4f9e2.jpg

Now go grab a cold hoskey, sit yourself down and mellow down easy.

What the hell no cheese???

It's ok though....The green sauce sort of, almost, but not quite really makes up for the lack of cheese.

For real though, green sauce looks AWESOME... I may steal that idea :surprised:

It's ok though....The green sauce sort of, almost, but not quite really makes up for the lack of cheese.

For real though, green sauce looks AWESOME... I may steal that idea :surprised:

Let me tell you about this new thing called guacamole. :rofl:

He just pulverized it that's all.

Onion, tomato, blech.

TB's is close to how I make mine, just avacado, jalapenos, lemon, sea salt.

This guac sauce was a riff on guac sauce that many of the vendors on the playa in Puerto Vallarta, actually just outside of Nuevo Vallarta offered up. They were all very alike. Just what I did, lots of cilantro, avos etc. along with the rest but its the olive oil that really makes it creamy. The cilantro garlic avo lime hit just 'splodes in your mouth. I may be addicted.

Now who was the sum beach that called it a "wrap"?

There you go messing up descriptions again, you did not say olive oil. I was wondering why it looked creamy. Yes, guac sauce, not guac.

This guac sauce was a riff on guac sauce that many of the vendors on the playa in Puerto Vallarta, actually just outside of Nuevo Vallarta offered up. They were all very alike. Just what I did, lots of cilantro, avos etc. along with the rest but its the olive oil that really makes it creamy. The cilantro garlic avo lime hit just 'splodes in your mouth. I may be addicted.

Now who was the sum beach that called it a "wrap"?

:raiseshandthenquicklyrunsfromroom:

:raiseshandthenquicklyrunsfromroom:

Bastige!

There you go messing up descriptions again, you did not say olive oil. I was wondering why it looked creamy. Yes, guac sauce, not guac.

Uh...you sir are correct. I forgot to mention the olive oil in the guac sauce.

Were I an old school Japanese or Yakuza, I'd maybe consider seppuku for my transgression but as I am a Texan Hungarian Gypy with a Scot last name...screw that and live with it bucko. :rofl:

Bastige!

Uh...you sir are correct. I forgot to mention the olive oil in the guac sauce.

Were I an old school Japanese or Yakuza, I'd maybe consider seppuku for my transgression but as I am a Texan Hungarian lettuce filled wrap eating Hippy with a Scot last name...screw that and live with it bucko. :rofl:

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. Seriously though, I'd eat those like they were m&m's. Darn good lookin "tacos"

Back