• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The Great Kiwi Pepper Thread

Woah, they look hot. If I can guess what they are.

Top right: chocolate habanero

Top left: orange habanero

Bottom right: peach Bhut Jolokia

Bottom left: Trinidad Moruga

Fieryguitarist said:
Woah, they look hot. If I can guess what they are.

Top right: chocolate habanero

Top left: orange habanero

Bottom right: peach Bhut Jolokia

Bottom left: Trinidad Moruga
Top right: Brazilian ghost

Top left: Yellow Trinidad Moruga Scorpion

Bottom right: Jays Peach Scorpion

Bottom left: Reaper x Dorset Naga cross.  :)

The winter plants are cranking. About 10 weeks old this week I think.

GOPR0263.jpg

From memory, two reapers, two red morugas, two white nagas, aji amarillo, pink tiger, giant bell and beni highlands.

The biggest two on the left are reapers, on the right is a moruga.

Last week the tallest ones were about 90cm not including the bucket, this week I'm sure a couple are up to 1m tall for sure, i havent measured, will do this weekend though.

Bumper said:
The size of the leaves... seriously!!!!  Not tempted to top them and encourage laterals? 
Oh nah I'm low on space, so letting them get as tall as possible. If I only had 4 plants in there would've definitely topped them, but not with 10.

You should've seen the size of the leaves before I trimmed the bottom leaves man

Actually here is a pic when they were about 7 weeks old, and the leaves were massive already. Some of the bottom leaves were as long as a standard bucket lid.
GOPR0255.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/rhZ98

These are some plants that I've started to grow. The ones with labels are the ones that have popped up (the chocolate Bhutlah isn't a SM Bhutlah. It's simply a Bhut X douglah cross). They are nothing compared to your lot but they are a start.

Chocolate Bhutlah
Carolina reaper
Chocolate Moruga
Bhut Jolokia
7 pot bubblegum
Devils horn
Devils brain
Devils tongue
Habanero black stinger
Manzano
Jamaican hot chocolate
Habanero, chocolate
Trinidad scorpion butch T

Well I am just starting my first attempt to grow some reapers if all goes to plan, only grown normal peppers so far.  Just planted some today after reading all the fun you guys have been having. Bought the seeds off TM so hopefully they are what they said they are :P.   

Kordster said:
Well I am just starting my first attempt to grow some reapers if all goes to plan, only grown normal peppers so far.  Just planted some today after reading all the fun you guys have been having. Bought the seeds off TM so hopefully they are what they said they are :P.   

Welcome. Now that you have found this place, there shall be no more buying seeds off trademe, lol =D
Myself & im sure the other guys on here would be more than happy to send you some "real" seeds.

Good luck and keep us updated!

I started mine about a week ago, already have a bunch of reapers and beni highlands started. Growing a bunch of dorset nagas again this year too. Just doing my 50L growbags again, will try to do large batches of my fermented sauce, to see if I can get the recipe replicated and see if I can actually get registered and sell them this time.

Kordster said:
If you need some seeds let me know, free of charge dude. Don't buy off TMe, they charge like $10 for 10 moruga seeds or some crap like that. You still have enough time to get them started. PM me your postal address I'll send you an envelope with a few varieties.

You need to adjust your nutrients... The leaves are too big, and there's not very many of them. I can understand not wanting to top them and bush out, but the plants are too stretched. By that height, your bases should be hardened off, and you ought to be well into the pod business. No place for pods on those plants!

If you were going for prize foliage, I'd give you kudos.

Back