• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

The Hollyberry Lady's summer flower and plant peeks...

Thanks, Badger!

Yes, in fact here's a shot I just took last night of another one - don't know the names sometimes because people mail cuttings to me, unlabelled!...

DSCI1125.jpg

This is some kind of chicks and hens variety...

DSCI1137.jpg

Just took this shot now too, of some Jade pieces I am rooting...

DSCI1142.jpg

Here is an interesting one someone sent me from Texas...

DSCI1139.jpg

: )

Cool! The one from Texas looks like some kind of Euphorbia - but it's been so long since I grew succulents I'm not sure.

very nice selection of plants HBL...

how many different varieties of peppers do you have growing?

Bingo Derek...I couldn't remember the name

I have a Christmas cactus and it's totally different than that one from Texas - unless there are different varieties?!!! My CC blooms every Fall.

Currently, I am growing over 20 different varieties of peppers - maybe close to thirty!!!

: O

Um yes Badger - I am a full-blown pepper-a-holic! Love to grow them for ornamental beauty and because they're so delicious too.

I will be showing more pics as my pepper plants develop - most are still seedlings but coming along. I just noticed one of my bhut jolokia seeds popped a few days ago too! Yipppeeeeee!

Well, thank you, guys - I am glad you like all the shots. I enjoy taking pictures and love it when plants are the subjects.

Have a terrific and super weekend. Our weather is just awesome right now.

hey hbl...do you really like the taste of those ornamentals?...the little elf's, purple tigers, marbles, etc that I have grown have tasted like dirt to me...evidently I have been growing the wrong variety of ornamental...

do you like the chinense taste?

Badger said:
Cool! The one from Texas looks like some kind of Euphorbia - but it's been so long since I grew succulents I'm not sure.

+1.

Christmas cacti (Schlumbergera) are a lot thinner and only have two "lobes" IIRC. They are also more segmented than those you have.

I know...

its a Succulentis Thehollyberryladyafloria ;)

Yes, I enjoy the flavor of the ornamentals I grow. They are not of course as good as my Cayenne varieties but they are surprisingly tasty. Sorry, not sure what 'chinense taste' is!

Yes, here's a picture of my white Christmas cactus, and it looks nothing like the Texas plant. My CC produces beautiful white flowers all of Fall and into Winter too...

069.jpg

by chinense I mean Scotch Bonnets/Habaneros/Trinidad varieties....

to me, the prettiest plant I grow is the Trinidad Scorpion...they are massive and produce such a neat looking pepper shape...and when they all start to ripen, the rainbow of colors is phenomenal

Back