• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

The Hollyberry Lady's summer flower and plant peeks...

I am sure you didn't mean to be rude, Noshownate, but if you read the title of this thread, you might understand why I might not want other people to post their shots here. I wanted this to be a photo album, of sorts, with all my plant and flower pics.

Those sound real nice, AlabamaJack! Very different. We may have to arrange a trade soon...

Ok, here's some shots of some more of my succulents that I took tonight. This 1st one is a shot of all of them put together, and then I will show then individually...

DSCI1149.jpg

DSCI1151.jpg

DSCI1150.jpg

DSCI1152.jpg

: )

Just took these shots this morning, of some assorted morning glory vines I grew from seed late in the season. They just started to bloom for me this week! There are two more different colored vines expected to bloom soon as well...

DSCI1144.jpg

DSCI1146.jpg

DSCI1145.jpg

Well, ok, I know, the star plants above are bromliads and not really succulents, but I added them in with my succulents because they're so pretty and colorful.

I have been growing this awesome houseplant for 6 years now, and the seeds are found inside the 'cherries' and I always have lots.

It is called Solanum Pseudocapsicum or 'Jerusalem Cherry' or 'Christmas Cherry'. It is a beautiful houseplant that used to be extremely popular in the 70's. If you watch old 'Three's Company' re-runs, you'll see lots of Jerusalem Cherry plants around. They are truly spectacular.

They are poisonous houseplants, but then again, so is Poinsetta and a number of others. It develops fruit throughout summer and they ripen into the Fall, and last well into Winter. An extremely ornamental plant, that is very charming to have around.

Here are my three seed-grown JC's that are full of pretty balls. I have one in my living room window, one in my kitchen window, and one in my bathroom window. I positioned them altogether, so I could get a shot of all three plants. It's a dark, rainy day, so the pics aren't as clear as I would have like, but here they are...

DSCI1160.jpg

DSCI1162.jpg

This shot shows the blossoms up close. When they die and fall, they leave behind a green 'cherry' that grow and ripens through shades of yellow, orange, and red. So pretty.

DSCI1181.jpg

I usually include seeds for JC as complimentary, in my seed trades. People really enjoy it.

This is my new 25-30' garden that I just cut out recently, to prepare for next Spring.

Keep in mind that it is just the bare basics right now, and most of the weeds haven't even been removed from between the fences yet. I think it is really too late in the season to care, and I will likely just let them die off, and then easily pull all the seedlings that emerge in Spring.

Cutting out this garden really brought all my smaller gardens together. I also just bought 160 tulip bulbs that I am going to bury along this new garden, very shortly. I am so excited. I haven't done any soil amendments just yet, but I will before I bury the bulbs.

Anyway, here it is...

DSCI1200.jpg

Ciao Hollyberry Lady-

I really really like that Cappuccino Lily of yours. Where did you get tubers? I know next to nothing about Asiatic Lilies but can they be divided in the Spring? I'd send you money for some divisions!

Also, outstanding Masquerade Pepper. Duane has seeds for that one and he tried growing it this year but it never germinated. I'd say it's worth giving it a second go, just gorgeous, well done!

Thank you, Sorelina!

Yes, a lot of people just love those Cappucino lilies. I got the bulbs at my local greenhouse - just three. I think they are selling them again this year. They're $6.99 for three bulbs.

I would be willing maybe to part with a few baby bulbs later, but this is their first year, so I would like to keep any new ones this time, to widen the grove.

I could give you the name of the greenhouse - maybe they'll ship some to you! You're only in Toronto...

My baby burro's tail 'burrito' cuttings, growing wonderfully...

DSCI1203.jpg

My Plumeria branch cutting, just beginning to root, and shoot new leaf buds from the branch tips...

DSCI1204.jpg

My rooted 'string of pearls' cuttings...

DSCI1205.jpg

Back