• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

The hot sauce odyssey..(Photos!)

OKAY....

This is the picture story of a night filled with beer, peppers, blenders, and bottles (not the beer!)

Foolishness and hot sauce making seems to go hand-in-hand, so here it is.....submitted for your viewing pleasure:

The frozen harvest from the summer's plants:

100_0469.jpg

A fistfull of peppers...

100_0479.jpg

Pay no attention to the beer...it'll be gone soon enough!

100_0482.jpg

More frozen peppers...

100_0471.jpg

to be continued....

Badger said:
Some things are best left unknown! Nice pics, looks like you had a good time Paul.

We started out using them to de-stem the habs and the bhuts, but they were just too damn hot and I couldn't get a positive grip on my beer ;) so I took them off....

....my hands are still burning. :cool:

We DID have a blast!! Round two to come soon!

100_0504.jpg

Okay....

I started putting some labels on today for the jolokia sauce. I'll keep this round of photos short.

I started with the labels I picked out. I'm calling this batch "Biohazard"

100_0520.jpg

All labels on! (I had more bottles, but I gave them to Tim!)

100_0521.jpg

moyboy said:
That's not abuse of power....It's a mods job to look at and see everything....:rofl:

But you can still give me those lashes if needed..:mope:

Around here, I hear the lashes are the easy part...Once its over they poor atomic hot sauce on the lash spots...

Here they are!

I tinkered around with some sealing "wax". It's actually more like glue sticks, if you ask me.

100_0522.jpg

I chose a glow in the dark "wax" as I thought it'd go well with the biohazard labels.

First, I cut the sticks into workable lengths.

100_0523.jpg

(The hot plate is for melting. The beer....well, don't make me explain THAT one!)

Wax on for melting:

100_0525.jpg

And here is what I got.

100_0526.jpg

To be continued...

I started out dipping the bottles, but got tired of burning thge hell out of my hands and decided to just pour the crap over the tops Blair's-style:

100_0527.jpg

100_0531.jpg

And here is what they look like in the dark! (Hard to take photos with no light.....or was it the beer......hmmmmmmmmmm)

100_0534.jpg

100_0535.jpg

I still have other sauces to name and label.....and tons more peppers to experiment with!

WoooooooHoooooooo!!!!

Thank You for the pictures. I want to make sauce next summer with homegrown peppers. I've got a comment though, Keystone beer? Really? Oh thats rough.

For the sealing wax I have a suggestion. I make wine (lots and lots of wine) and there is a wax that we use to seal the bottles. If its ok to post a link I will post it for you. You can get it in any color and it works really well. Not nearly as thick looking as the wax in the pictures.

It looks like yall had fun

Back