• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The Krakens 2015-2016 Glog

*The Krakens 2015-2016 GLOG - Updated 12th of February 2016 ... Even More GREAT Peppers Added !!! 

In the process of beginning my 2015 - 2016 grow here in Australia.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~*~ BIG THANKS TO  ~*~

Scorched, jcw10TC,  MisterBigglesworth, frank225 & LindbergF 
.....Thanks for your wonderful seed's .. I'll keep you posted !!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*******   MY GROW LIST HAS GONE SO UP IN SMOKE I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO KEEP THE LIST UP   *******
Lots of super hots and lots of unusual crosses... Along with some crossing projects of my own and some base varieties..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is where the babies were popped

My home made seedling incubator.... :P

This is my makeshift propagation unit that's in my shed.. In case your wondering I purchased a standard 6 shelf adjustable metal shelving unit for $60, painted the MDF shelves in matte white paint ( to help with waterproofing and light reflection) .. I obtained some office fluro double tube light T8 units from a renovation at my work with 5000k 32 watt globes in each slot. and set 4x of them up under each shelf above. I then spaced the shelves at varying heights to allow for different plant progressions and left the top section with no lights as I use it to propagate seeds. 

The whole thing is surrounded by a big plastic bag I got from a sofa I purchased and I cut open one side and using another sheet of plastic made a flap to cover the front.

In summer I need to keep the flap open or it gets to hot but in winter its just perfect... I get a steady 35 degrees Celsius on the top propagation shelf and a steady drop down to 20-25 degree's at the bottom..

I can fit plants about 4 inches tall from the pot on the second shelf, 6 inches on the third and about 12 on the fourth and 20 on the bottom, I run them on a 16 on 8 off timer and put a fan on them every few days... and from there, I cycle them out to my small hothouse that gets about 4 hours of direct sunlight and 6 hours of reflected a day. This sits at a cosy 35-40 degrees in summer and 15-20 in winter generally.

****** Photo's and more info to come...*******

I have just planted a whole heap more crosses and varieties... I plan on going through them all over the next few days and locking in my current grow list.. It just keeps exploding out further and further, thanks a lot in part to the great members of THP who share the love .. It's much appreciated..

KrakenPeppers said:
Any pod pics of your podd

Sure

The first is the gnarly bhut, the second is the stubby (?) bhut and the third is a pic of a more mature reaper, following on from an earlier conversation.  Apols for the rotation of the pics, iphone... 

Attachments

• IMG_1089.JPG
    IMG_1089.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1090.JPG
    IMG_1090.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1091.JPG
    IMG_1091.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 54
Needle99 said:
Those Oni's look good Krahen....

I have some REAL huge peppers on ONI - Pot 2 ... The peppers hang down and are smoother and glossier and not as twisted but they get BIG.... hopefully they will ripen in the next few days... ONI Pot 3 has more square shaped peppers that are really twisted bull dog nosed things and quiet large too, they also hang downwards.. the other 2-3 plants never really took off and I concentrated on these three.. I got three nice pheno's to play with next season, especially the Large ones and these upwards twisted ones... Nothing like its original F1 pods yet, almost but not quiet. Its a 4-way cross of 2x F1 parents so It should show some variety..

Here's a few pods from today.. A few of my Stripey 7 Pot Naga crosses, a few varying sized Aji Jobitos and an assortment of others including Bhut orange Copehnagen , Chocolate Brazilian Ghost, Yellow Moruga , Green Scorpion , Pimenta Da Neyde, Mini Black Naga, Carolina Reaper x Brain Strain, White Bhut, Orange Habanero, Chocolate Habanero X , Caramel Bhut..

Here's a few more pods over the last week ..

NOT a Bhut Orange Copenhagen

Green Scorpion

Green Scorpion - Cross Section

UMCD - Off Pheno ?? Cross ??

UMCD - Cross Section

Bhut Orange Copenhagen - Nice heavy pod..

Giant Chocolate Hab Cross

White Firecracker x Red Moruga Scorpion F1

That not a Bhut Orange Copenhagen looks like a pod I am growing out to see how it grows.

How spicy was it? For some reason I did not try it at the time.

I am calling it a Mystery Red Habanero, will know soon as the first plants have started flowering now...

I have only picked a few pods off it so far, they all look the same.. I havent tried one yet, I probably will today or tommorow.. and I'll let you know.

Needle99 said:
That not a Bhut Orange Copenhagen looks like a pod I am growing out to see how it grows.

How spicy was it? For some reason I did not try it at the time.

I am calling it a Mystery Red Habanero, will know soon as the first plants have started flowering now...

Here's one of this years F1's

Crunchy, but juicy with a hit of chinense and green that fades off to a fresh hot taste..

Much smaller pods than either parent, and on the middle of parents heat.. All pods identical with the double dint and tiny thorns on the pods ..

I just ate one of the smaller pods.. About the size of a pea.  Had no placenta inside and too small for seeds. Still burned me better than a habanero.. OMG.... atleast 500k heat .. so good!

Hey, sorry for no reply a ways back.  Didn't see the question and been so busy have little time to keep up here.  You might have gotten some Jonah's from me.  That must be a cross, but the shape is similar.  Hows the taste on that one.  Looks interesting.  Is it smooth like the Jonah or did it pick up that chocolate superhot bitterness that sometimes comes out in those things.

jcw10tc said:
Hey, sorry for no reply a ways back.  Didn't see the question and been so busy have little time to keep up here.  You might have gotten some Jonah's from me.  That must be a cross, but the shape is similar.  Hows the taste on that one.  Looks interesting.  Is it smooth like the Jonah or did it pick up that chocolate superhot bitterness that sometimes comes out in those things.

All good =P .. The chocolate pods are amazing... I just picked about 50 pods and have half drying and the other half frozen fresh. They had a hint of bitter on first bite that quickly passes and moves on a good delicious heat. Most of them are very uniform in shape.. long triangle wrinkly pods about 2 inches long.. the one I posted on here was a bit of a gnarly looking one. I'll post another pic today of a more uniform pod. It would have to be by best performing plant for pods by far too.

Really finding it hard to keep up with my pods atm.. Harvesting seed.. Drying out.. Freezing pods... I have them all over the place at the moment... My wife is going crazy .. =P   There on window ledges, tops of fridges, table tops, fridge shelves , drawers and in freezers...

I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have to think about all the processing time and effort needed !

Here's a fuller pod of my Red Moruga x White Firecracker F1 .. Pods are small firecracker in size ripen green to red and have an annum taste that changes to strong chinense.. Pods are all uniform double chambered and have the double bump bottom

Back