• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

Mushroom Pizza
Chipotle and Pesto topping.

IMG_9713_Pizza-1000.jpg

IMG_9709_Pizza-1000.jpg

That looks good. I definitely would eat that.

I am determined to master the perfect pizza crust. I am not even close. After a month of reading (I gave THAT up), mixing, baking and throwing away globs off messed up elementary school failed volcano science projects, last weekend I finally made a (mostly) round, somewhat delicious pizza dough. Water and flour have been kicking my ass.
IMG_8412.jpeg

So not exactly pizza, but it's going to be!
Take a look at how thin I was able to roll out this gluten free dough - and it actually held together! GF does NOT do thin!
20240113_202508.jpg

Thin enough for NY style? (or a close approximation)
(also any tips for NY style pizza in general?)

Back