• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

Thanks guys, I'm in Lake County IL where you can go out of business quickly for having a thick rim so had to call out the body as being razor thin lol. It's been a couple years since I made a pie.

When the outer crust is puffy sometimes is has to angle down to thin, and those are the best pies to me...

Threw a couple of pies into the oven

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Pizza.

I've used it.

Abused it.

But just like sex....

When its good, its great.

When its bad....

Its still pretty damn good!

Just don't hold the sausage!

and

TB, you need some new lines. :lol:

Taco Pizza Night!!  

This is a riff on the taco pizza I used to get back in school.  Take leftover taco meat, mix in some refried beans and salsa until it's thick enough to stick but thin enough to spread.  I topped this with green onions, cut up pepper jack cheese sticks, grated moz and some pizza flake before it hit the oven.  About 15 minutes later out comes the pie.  Top it how you like it with more salsa, sour cream and shredded iceburg.  Sounds weird.  Tastes amazing!  :)

sex5d2.jpg

Posting here after a while...

Made some bases and brougth to friend's place:
ZJoajvE.jpg

There was that one:
j9irekX.jpg

Now 2 without heat:
n2hjuuD.jpg

Ccho6cS.jpg

Margherita + burrata and San Daniele. I've finally discovered that i prefer Parma.
That combo is one of the few things that doesn't make worse a margherita, and it's not an easy feat. Also that's the only slice that didn't look crap.

uXyXvFs.jpg

Margherita + red onions cured with black pepper and salt and evo, datterini tomatoes, wurstel (vienna sausage).

0O3HREt.jpg

kjQHDaC.jpg

And here comes the heat:
GqlULZn.jpg

4UN4KlI.jpg

Margherita + Nando's Piri Piri Sauce + cured red onions, some leftover garlic from cooking eggplant, capers.
Oh, and also my homemade olives that were cured with bay tree leaves, garlic, Caramel Moruga, Yellow Cherry (or something really close), oregano.
I didn't like a lot that sauce but was good on pizza.

Mozz was from buffalo.

Looked crappy but was good.

Essegi said:
Posting here after a while...

Made some bases and brougth to friend's place:
ZJoajvE.jpg

There was that one:
j9irekX.jpg

Now 2 without heat:
n2hjuuD.jpg

Ccho6cS.jpg

Margherita + burrata and San Daniele. I've finally discovered that i prefer Parma.
That combo is one of the few things that doesn't make worse a margherita, and it's not an easy feat. Also that's the only slice that didn't look crap.

uXyXvFs.jpg

Margherita + red onions cured with black pepper and salt and evo, datterini tomatoes, wurstel (vienna sausage).

0O3HREt.jpg

kjQHDaC.jpg

And here comes the heat:
GqlULZn.jpg

Margherita + Nando's Piri Piri Sauce + cured red onions, some leftover garlic from cooking eggplant.
Oh, and also my homemade olives that were cured with bay tree leaves, garlic, Caramel Moruga, Yellow Cherry (or something really close), oregano.
I didn't like a lot that sauce but was good on pizza.

Mozz was from buffalo.

Looked crappy but was good.
looks excellent my friend, good to see you posting. Cheers 

Essegi said:
Most people here would not know the difference, and be surprised to learn that prosciutto is just your word for ham!

di Parma is what most people here know as prosciutto. I'm not sure I've had San Danielle.

All the pies look awesome!

Back