• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

The Hot Pepper said:
The pics look great.

I don't do drugs which is why they look crappy to you.

Are you kidding me?

Some of the lamest food pics.

You've ever posted.

Washed out as hell.

Perhaps.

You should.

Consider doing drugs.

Next time.

The Hot Pepper said:
I didn't make those pies, I ordered them.................... but yeah they were killer. 

Didn't you get one.

Of those thick pizza steel's.

A while back?

Or am I mistaken?

I'd love to see your pizza.

From the new THP kitchen.

Heat it up.

Because.

Don't you know.

Why I.

And others.

Love this forum?

Its you.

I know I won't be.

The first one.

Giving you all this attention.

pineapple pizza.JPG

I intended to bake two pies on the Green Mountain grill, but it wouldn't come up to temperature. Plan B was in the oven on the steels. Turned out pretty good. Sausage mushroom and a pepperoni.

Attachments

• 20190121_194445.jpg
    20190121_194445.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 20190121_200143.jpg
    20190121_200143.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20190121_202919.jpg
    20190121_202919.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 20190121_202936.jpg
    20190121_202936.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 57
Yeah, it was in the 20's all day. It worked fine when I smoked poppers earlier, but just would not heat up after I cleaned it and put the pizza oven in.

Thanks. I love having a little char on the crust and love a little carmelization on the cheese. I hate those undercooked pies that come from the various pizza places.

Scoville DeVille said:
Crust looks awesome but those little brown bubbles on the cheese takes me to my special place.

Nice pizza dude!

midwestchilehead said:
Yeah, it was in the 20's all day. It worked fine when I smoked poppers earlier, but just would not heat up after I cleaned it and put the pizza oven in.
 Ah, 20's will do that. What kinda pizza oven you have for the smoker? 

Pizza's look awesome too, you can't buy that crustyness!!

Thanks. I have the GMG pizza oven for the Daniel Boone. It works great when the grill works. This is the first time I have had a problem getting up to the initial 150 F preheat.

Rajun Gardener said:
 Ah, 20's will do that. What kinda pizza oven you have for the smoker? 

Pizza's look awesome too, you can't buy that crustyness!!

Back