food The Last Great Pizza Thread

Lasagna pizza? Something we need to try. I've had baked ziti pizza and made mac'n'cheese pizza, but lasagna pizza sounds awesome. Now that I think about it, so does ravioli pizza.

DAMN, no pics didn't happen so I didn't just have the best Peperonni Pizza of the new year made with a sourdough and Yellow Bouquet powder crust, three cheeses and cooked to perfection on a smoky grill.

DAMN, oh well it was a delicious dream :)
OR
f15b7065.jpg

ah yes, thin crust! That one in particular looks as thin as cracker style. Both are a favorite of mine and RM that slice is lookin' mighty fine.

Lasagna pizza? Something we need to try. I've had baked ziti pizza and made mac'n'cheese pizza, but lasagna pizza sounds awesome. Now that I think about it, so does ravioli pizza.
K. When you make those let me know I will catch a flight and enjoy the awesomeness with you.... maybe meet bear, that guy I am sure he could chow down on some pasta pizza creation!!!

HH you didn't get the SoFlo Posse monthly newsletter? Bear. That Guy. doesn't eat pasta or pizza. He eats faces. And moms!

True story.

Damn Scovie he must've stolen it again........... neighbors...... smh!!!

I can't imagine faces are very filling....... and I could touch eating moms however probably smart to keep it PG at least.......

Dough:
2 1/2 C Bread flour
2 Tbsp Olive oil mixed in and 1 Tbsp to coat doughball while rising
2 tsp white sugar
2 tsp salt
1 C warm water
Starter yeast... 1 packet dry yeast with 1/2 C warm water and 1 tsp sugar

Sauce:
8 Roma tomato's
1 bunch of live basil
2 Cloves garlic
two big pinches oregano
two big pinches sugar
two big pinches salt ( I know a big pinch is not really helpful, but it's how I measure)
blend thoroughly in food processor and simmer until thickened. It took me about an hour and a half on the stove.

First pizza was the kids pizza. Just sauce as above mozarella, and pepperoni.

The second pizza had the addition of Wayright's all good 7's powder. I would guess about one Tbsp
Toppings: Pepperoni base layer, mozarella, then bell peppers (red and green), purple onion, mushrooms, another layer of mozarella and a top layer of pepperoni.

To top it all off... a glass of coors light with a red bhut rehydrated in it for 15 in the fridge.

20120330170940.jpg

0330121806-00.jpg

0330121746-01.jpg

Good times and better pizza!

Oh yeah, it was baked on the pizza pan on a baking stone at 500F

Just the way I have always done it. It still gives the even heating benefit of the stone while allowing what I feel is an easier clean up of a pizza pan. The pan is super thin and vented so it really does still reap the benefits of the stone.

I gotta' round up some caputo and get my dough on soon. Maybe even do up some kind of charcoal/cinder block thang ala SoFlo style. Either that or hibachi pizza. Okay I'm digging that.

So here is my pizza from the other night, I have a few different dough recipes, this one’s thin and crispy, but not quite a cracker.
Ingredients: (makes 4 x 15” pies, I freeze 2 dough balls)
10 Cups flour (proprietary blend)
3 1/3 Cups 105 ⁰F H2O
3 Tbs + 1 tsp Honey
3 Tbs dry yeast
1 Tbs + 1 tsp salt
IMG_0462.jpg

This first pizza’s for my girl, a basic Margareta with shrooms for her. Sauce; fire roasted tomatoes and a dash of honey, blend in food processor. Toppings; oregano, thyme, basil, mozzarella, parmesan, asiago, and thick sliced button mushrooms. Crust brushed with fresh garlic, roasted garlic, smoked paprika, butter and an egg.
IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

Now for my pizza, I love the garlic almost as much as I love the heat. I need a name for this pie! Same crust and same garlic, butter and egg wash.
Sauce ingredients; About 2 bulbs roasted garlic, ½ bulb fresh garlic, basil, thyme oregano, 3 fatalli, and ricotta. It all goes in the food processor until it’s a paste.
IMG_0468.jpg

Toppings; missing one dried Bhut and one dried Morouga chile
IMG_0479.jpg

Topping sliced; I used more of that onion, all most off of it. I slice it about 1/6” thick and it goes right on top of the sauce to create its own layer, every bite has onion on it. The bacon was cooked in the microwave then crumbled on top.
IMG_0485.jpg

It goes into the preheated oven with pizza stone on the center rack at 500 ⁰F, close the door and turn the oven to broil.
IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

I reek of garlic for days after eating this. I’m surprised I haven’t been banished to the couch yet. I’ve had coworkers ask me about the garlic smell. And when I was getting ready for bed I saw this;
IMG_0520.jpg

Nice pies.
Although broiling sounds dangerous...
I've got a salamander broiler and that would destroy the pie unless I continued to open the oven door to check it or I'd have to move the pie to a lower rack.
When doing a cracker crust I'll place the fibrament pizza stone on the oven floor and whack up the heat to 550 with the convection fan on. I start the pie on the stone and finish in the top most rack.....10 minutes its done

What's all this dadgum talk about pasta? Lasagna pizza? THP, we need some pics of that!

There's no pasta sheets on a lasagna pizza just the other ingredients, but it's awesome. Yeah, we have ziti pizza, I think you had that in NY Sum?

Back