food The Last Great Pizza Thread

Even scratch made, I dunno' if I can call my pizza artisan style. Artisan denotes expertise at a craft or skill. My approach to pizza has always been more spray and pray style.

There's no pasta sheets on a lasagna pizza just the other ingredients, but it's awesome. Yeah, we have ziti pizza, I think you had that in NY Sum?

Yep. Did a summer at Columbia University in 2004. Pinnacle had baked ziti pizza by the slice, and one slice would fill you up. Pinnacle must have been in it's heyday then. I've heard tales of some aweful stuff happening there after that, and they closed in 2011. Sad, really. In 2004, they had decent food for decent prices, but I was a broke Masters student at the time... what the hell did I know?

SoFlo Artisan.
So, here's why it's always a good idea to cook a 5 pound brisket on Sunday.
So you can have Sunday supper, Pizza Monday, Quesadilla Tuesday, and lunch in between.
Basically I stretch it as far as I can. Usually doesn't make it past tuesday.

Today, had the Mrs. whoop up a batch of our beer-pizza dough.
Rolled it out thin. Slapped some olive oil on her. And the pizza dough.
Topped with brisket.
Doused in Frydad's homemade spicy bbq sauce (vinegar based...not racist).
Topped with some parm.
Baked that bitch on the pizza stone at 500 American degrees.

Topped with Sum's famous slaw. Wish you were here to enjoy it with us, brother. RIP.
(He's not dead, just hope he sleeps well tonight. I hope all of you sleep well tonight. I mean that.)

This is a can't-miss. So friggin' good.

raw
IMGP2463.jpg

Baked, sliced, topped.
IMGP2465.jpg

Zoom!
IMGP2464.jpg

This meal cost me less than $2. No lie. Good use of leftovers.

Thanks all
Great looking pizza PK! I can never get my pizza to come out round like that.
Rounds not a problem, I use to be a head baker when I was in college. I formed it by hand, no pin here. Plus I cheated, if you look closely in the whole pie shots, you’ll see in the background plexiglas with a circle I traced on it with blue marker, using my stone. I love that plexi, for dough, it just don’t stick. I also have a cut mat under the plexi for easy measuring.

Nice pies. Although broiling sounds dangerous... I've got a salamander broiler and that would destroy the pie unless I continued to open the oven door to check it or I'd have to move the pie to a lower rack. When doing a cracker crust I'll place the fibrament pizza stone on the oven floor and whack up the heat to 550 with the convection fan on. I start the pie on the stone and finish in the top most rack.....10 minutes its done
Never had issues with the broil in my cheap oven, I throw the stone on the center rack, heat the oven to 500 (max temp I can go). Slap that pie on the stone, shut the door, turn her to broil, check in 2 or 3 to rotate, and she’s done in 5 to 7, thin crust only.

FD4 damn, that’s one hell of a pie, the flavors, textures and hot pizza topped with cold slaw, all I can say is just EFFIN AWSOME. Now I’m all depressed . . . I can’t have any.

FD4 damn, that’s one hell of a pie, the flavors, textures and hot pizza topped with cold slaw, all I can say is just EFFIN AWSOME. Now I’m all depressed . . . I can’t have any.

PMD. Is that you?

Fiddy I'd dig on that. Usually I like my slaw with pork but I'd hit it. In fact, it looks really good.

That pie in a TD would have won.

It's a long drive, but if you give me a heads up, I can make stuff happen!!!!

Glad you're up on this thread, PK. Keep 'em comin!
Get up on the throwdown next weekend, too!
Welcome to the fray!
The competition is stiff, but you are worthy!!!!

TB, it was so damn good. It should be a featured item at H.E.B.
(you got those???)

PMD wasn't at you, PK.

There is no way you could cheat on a TD.
Check through some of the previous entries.
Familiarize yourself with the rules.
Let it rip.
If you have a specific set of skills that makes you formidable (me and Sum have drinking cheap beer), by all means use it to your advantage.

Back to the pizza!!!

Fitty we got HEB but the closest one is 45 minutes away. Always packed! On weekends, fuhgetaboutit! First time I was there they had 1 # bags of fresh pequins. How awesome is that?

Gluten Freeeeee::::: MEEEAAAT Pizza...............with a Hanoi Dragon KICK!
(Don't hate on me for the shortcut Ragu.......time is at a premium today)
pizzzzza.jpg

Some Skyy will be injured in the making of this pizza

Holy crap.

The ham, bacon, sausage, and pepperoni negates the canned sauce.
You are free to continue whatever awesomeness that's going to be, no hatin' allowed!

And I know you guys are gonna put a hurtin' on that SKYY!

Cooking of the Bacon, Sausage, fresh garlic, and HANOI.....yum
Pizzza.jpg

Ok, lesson learned here.......use your tools!........
Should have used a deeper bowl and my dough hooks..(what was I thinking!)
I'll be finding dough in places that dough should never be::::::::

DOH! (pun intended)
dough.jpg

Back