food The Last Great Pizza Thread

If you remove that yellow filter I agree.

Used some of the bacon from the pasta thread and some sauteed shallots on a pizza tonight  :beer:
IMG_2976_zpse53671de.jpg

This page cannot be displayed.

GEE THANKS!

YOU JUST BROKE THE INTERNET!

They don't burn on the bottom with cast iron? I tried a griddle as a stone on a grill... no go! CI works better low and slow to medium. It holds so much heat, anything on med-high to high burns immediately. With CI you can even sear on low. So how did this work? Was it in the oven, or stove top? Temps? Results? Thanks

I have a 15in lodge cast iron that I use to make deep dish style pizza. The dough is much different then my standard pie but I get a really nice crisp/crusty well cooked crust.never burnt.deep dish is in the oven maybe 4-5 times longer then my regular pie. 

The Hot Pepper said:
They don't burn on the bottom with cast iron? I tried a griddle as a stone on a grill... no go! CI works better low and slow to medium. It holds so much heat, anything on med-high to high burns immediately. With CI you can even sear on low. So how did this work? Was it in the oven, or stove top? Temps? Results? Thanks
oven at 400* for about 15 minutes. no sticking,burning and a nice crispy crust.
This 16 inch cast iron griddle from the late 1800's makes the best oven pizza I've ever had in my home. 

Now that I have the Kamado Grill I will be making more pizzas with wood on my pizza stone.

Attachments

• griddle seasoned.jpg
    griddle seasoned.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 58
Back