food The Last Great Pizza Thread

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416979236.494730.jpg

lots of firsts tonight. opened my first can of sclafani ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416986150.618536.jpg

first time using lodge cs skillet ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416986201.839743.jpg

first time using fresh moz slices, too ...
first time trying Publix dough ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416986306.747209.jpg

got the lodge up to 550F ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416986340.097092.jpg

sprinkled a little corn meal and flung in the dough, then added sauce and shredded hard parm and slices of cure 81 (classic) ham ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416986436.869229.jpg

applied Searzall ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416986455.136568.jpg

and built a pie ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416986474.188002.jpg

dumped it out on the counter and let it rest a min or two ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416986558.377054.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416985970.174966.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416985970.174966.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 57
I don't know about all that lol...

but I will say, that looks like a very good fresh mozz. It melted good and didn't turn to plastic. Even had some bubbling. No burning.

Perchance is that buffa mozz?

End result: Looks good to me.

You basically life hacked this thing. But the Presto is $40. :lol:

Doh!

presto_pizzazz_pizza_oven.jpg

Is it more or less funny if I already had one of those unopened in a box as well? =)

Pizza came out great, and the next will be better yet (back to homemade '00' dough) ...

I'll be ready for the TD ...

PS - Searzall purchased primarily for finishing sous vide meat, and secondarily to give my mom the GD bbq chicken she asks about monthly (that I refuse to do because of the mess it makes of the grill). That said, as one who used the living shit out of his brulee torch ALL THE TIME - this thing is such an improvement ...

What kinda mozz? Looked either super fresh cow's milk, or buffa mozz which is creamier.

What kinda mozz? Looked either super fresh cow's milk, or buffa mozz which is creamier.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416990207.330975.jpg

Stainless cheese thermometer still en route, so had to use store moz ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416990283.000657.jpg

I'm trying hard not to say it melted so nice because Searzall ... but ...

The next one will be awesome, I had to stop early on top because I was worried about some smoke coming from the bottom ...

I meant to kill burner when I plopped the dough in, as the steel xfer's energy much more readily and that lodge stores a lot of potentiated energy out to edges and into handles etc (as evidenced by how hot it remained for how ling after).

Fun to literally construct it hand's on, though ...

I guess I expected it to burn with top heat/flame, like a broiler. Yeah somehow it gave it a real nice melt. Cool! 

With that Benzo it's 15k BTU diffuse infrared, radiant heat ...

That was about 3 mins of application of Searzall ...

It's a handheld salamander at the end of the day, really ...

Danielle was asleep, but next time I'll have her video it ... it's fairly intense ... flames, glowing metals ... good times.

LOL.

I'm probably going to do a bunch of bat-shit crazy adventures over the next year or so, as I'm taking a break from programming, and possibly going to be doing a little blogging/internet marketing ...

Let's play HACK THAT PIZZA!

I am going to attempt to top Gadget's SEARZALL pizza hack.

Step 1.
Gather the finest of ingredients.
lunchables1.jpg

Step 2.
Unpack and ready your ingredients for assembly as pizzas.
lunchables2.jpg

Step 3.
Pre-bake your crust using a household iron and aluminum foil, as shown. Notice the maillard!
lunchables3.jpg

Step 4.
Assemble your pizza and bake using a 1500 watt hair dryer until cheese is melted. This method is preferred to coal and wood fired ovens. Coal is not eco-friendly, and wood is heavy. 
lunchables4.jpg

Step 5.
Stare at the masterpiece, and then wonder why the f^#$ you just used an iron and a hair dryer to make a Lunchables pizza!
lunchables5.jpg

Sadly, I'm swooning over it ...
You want to use one of these though, next time, boss:

Wagner 0503008 HT1000 1,200-watt Heat Gun https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004TUCV/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_4mTDub0X1TT43

Oh Gadget, you would take it seriously! :lol:

You jealous!!!!!

Ha!

Looks good!

If you can work that camera color issue, you will be a contender in the TD! It's very muted and yellowish.

Back