• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food The Last Great Pizza Thread

I ordered pizza too.
Coal oven margherita with fresh shrooms. 
Volcano Dust 2 added after.

IMG_20141205_223102_201412052329182391.jpg

Coal ovens are illegal in the city, but existing ovens are grandfathered in. A restaurant once moved and got busted for trying to take their oven with them... I was like, umm, how long did they think they could even get away with that? 

However there is a new more eco-friendly coal oven that is now allowed, it comes from WA state... near Twisp! Ha!

No joke. This place has one of the new coal ovens. Very good pies!

The Hot Pepper said:
Coal ovens are illegal in the city, but existing ovens are grandfathered in. A restaurant once moved and got busted for trying to take their oven with them... I was like, umm, how long did they think they could even get away with that? 

However there is a new more eco-friendly coal oven that is now allowed, it comes from WA state... near Twisp! Ha!

No joke. This place has one of the new coal ovens. Very good pies!
Lol think that UE maybe would like to forbid wfo in public shops... That's the lamest thing they could do. I don't know it it's true, but it's some years that i hear that story.

grantmichaels said:
lol. 6-cheese ;)
Nice! Could you tell wich cheese?

i pledge allegiance, to the flag ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418082041.367286.jpg

must have been packaged by little elf piggies the way it smells in every room it's been through ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418082189.662465.jpg

picked up some ingredients for the TD this afternoon, but I'll be on-the-hook w/ work until later ... shop's still running, even though I work remote ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418082300.251789.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418082314.740411.jpg

something, soon ... maybe a late-night pie ...

danielle made us some beautiful dough using blue bag, wednesday ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418082708.274165.jpg

i mixed it, actually, so maybe i could have pleaded to the TD deities for acceptance, but she did the yeast stuff ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418082805.518634.jpg

grew quickly over 150 min ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418082891.486009.jpg

punched it down and popped it in the fridge ...

i rose again in there over an hour or so ...

danielle likes the new yeast, she says "it seems more alive - the smell and the bloom" ... i don't even know what that means, truth be told ...

but, it's the silver packet here ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418083168.218253.jpg

cheers!

the reason my work is good to me is because i'm the guy who never puts anything ahead of work. i don't take the internet too seriously, but i'm all business when it comes to work. so, until the guys go home, i'm watching the queues and email etc and not stopping to make pizza i'm afraid ...

and due to the level of photography/post-processing needed to compete this time ...

you guys have given me a zillion things to look into ;)

^ is the short story of that your working and can't make pizza? Totally understandable man. Looking forward to seeing your pie, ingredients look great

i only post while working, i basically do pomodoros all day 25 min work + 5 min play (check thp, shop, etc) ... rinse, repeat ...

when i'm not working, i'm offline ...

so, when i'm posting a lot, i'm working a lot ... that's why i get cranky ;)

probably opposite of most everyone else, that would be my usual ... lol.

I guess I need to find out what this balsamic for pizza 'thing' I keep seeing is all about ...

Maybe I'll try to get up to speed tonight after Danielle goes to sleep, and execute something tomorrow ...

I have a bunch of things to use that I'm completely unfamiliar with ... just how I like it.

Looks good Grant!
Btw sooner or later i want to try yeast powder. Fresh beer yeast should be better, but those powder are more reliable i believe.
Of course lievito madre is the best, as far as i have understood it's a detail... A detail that i'll study when i'll do pizza in the right way. :P

Grant, don't count yourself out of future TD's too quickly. If you look through the TD threads, you'll find plenty of evidence of family and friends helping out. You make some good stuff, so don't be shy!

geeme said:
Grant, don't count yourself out of future TD's too quickly. If you look through the TD threads, you'll find plenty of evidence of family and friends helping out. You make some good stuff, so don't be shy!
+1, he makes many good stuff and i like his thoughtful approach.

Btw i am more opposed (with words) than helped by family! :rofl:  Then they say: hey that's good! Or: no, not again hot!
In last TD they helped me with chocolate sauce (i just asked how do i make that, then they started to made it for me).

Back