• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your fish n chips. And you put the mushy peas on it like a spread. I remember. 

I said your brain is frozen cuz you can't think of anything else :lol:. English breakfast w/o eggs?

You'd be better to put the eggs on the plate and have someone else eat them. That's like spaghetti and meat balls with no meat balls. 

English breakfast has beans, potatoes, blood sausage, soda bread, and bacon.  I am not making eggs.  Come to think of it, I would be much better off making fish n chips.  I love that.

It's called pudding and rashers!!!!!

But yeah. Don't forget the roasted tomato. Well, I've only had Irish breakfast. Heinz beans a must lol!

It's nothing without sunny side up eggs!!!!

You don't need to announce what you are doing, and there's a few weeks still... you will think of something.

You'll have to tie it in to your heritage of course with a little blurb, and why you chose it... so think about it.

I do think this one is pretty open. I know the heritage word seems like it could narrow choices but it shouldn't. Bullet points 2 and 3 really open it up......

--A "new recipe" based on a passed down recipe. Basically, tweaking/modernizing a recipe to your liking.
--Something that you grew up eating that may not be directly tied to your ethnicity or culture, but you consider it a part of your heritage because you grew up eating it.

For instance, I'm not asian but my mom used to make a Mongolian beef recipe that I liked. It's something I would consider tied to my heritage. I think the possibilities are endless and we should see a decent variety of dishes.

And you can research a dish that is important to your heritage you have never made or may not have even heard of. That could be fun. Like tracing your family tree and finding you are related to _______ or part _______ so in celebration you make _______ dish. It could be fun! Tell us the story. New or old! 

The story could sell it! Make it a fun read!

JayT said:
I am really at a loss for this one as for what to do.  I might have to do an authentic Brittish breakfast.  No eggs of course as I hate those little bastards.
As long as you include laver bread!

The Hot Pepper said:
An English breakfast sans eggs omg you are going for the crown!!!!! :rofl:

It should be easy... the meal should represent you... what did you grow up eating? What meal was passed down? Find an old recipe book... ask your fam.

There's many different ways to show your heritage, read it over again. Old recipe, modernized recipe, new discovery...
You seriously don't like Scovie's Egg-Titties?  That's Classic Egg Presentation, and I'm sure the Boss has that photo on Insta-Post somewhere.  :lol:

My ethnic heritage is English also.  Warwick name.  That's like one step up from the French for spicy tolerance :lol:.  My Dad won't eat onion, green or hot peppers, mushroom, salad dressing....only plain lettuce, potatoes with butter and meat with salt and pepper......:rolleyes:   

It cracks me up that all of my family scarfs up the Vegetarian Chili I make that's loaded with mushroom, green peppers and spices.  ;)  

This Heritage TD will take some thought. 
OH!  Something my granddad loved  and I also love and we used to serve it in the restaurant.....S.O.S.!!!!

salsalady said:
OH!  Something my granddad loved  and I also love and we used to serve it in the restaurant.....S.O.S.!!!!

It would be interesting if you could gourmet that up and provide the story!

Grandpa was career Navy, I think it was S.O.S. every Wednesday.

This is a def. heriatge meal for me

One dozen speights long necks

0000964.jpeg

Interspersed with one dozen battered oysters.

oyster-dish.png

See how the universe lines up with harmony...:D

Damn Jay never had an oyster po boy or just fried oysters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back