• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh..... I remember the days of yore, when THP didn't announce what the TD would be until the Friday it began. Good times! 

August is...

The Hot Sauce Challenge

You must make, from scratch, a hot sauce tailored for a specific food, and serve it with that food. 
You must list all ingredients of your hot sauce, including measurements.
Take us through the process in your teaser pics.
Name your hot sauce. If you wish to go as far as graphics, even better.
Presentation pic 1 is the finished hot sauce either bottled or in the pot, in a bowl, etc.
Presentation pic 2 is the dish you cooked (or prepared) for the hot sauce, with the hot sauce on it.
Ingredients and cooking methods of dish required.

The definition of hot sauce is ANY sauce with hot peppers designed for a specific food. It may be cooked or uncooked, and served hot, at room temp, or chilled. Moles and curries... traditional hot sauces with complementary flavors... BBQ for a specific cut... fra diavolo marinara... taking a sauce already designed for something and making it hot... hot tartar sauce for fish and chips... waffle sauce... dessert sauce... this thing is totally open! Let's see your sauce creations!

Your idea should be fresh and new, something you'd bring to market, not just your average sauce. So if it is traditional put your spin on it. If it is broad, like an everyday sauce, think of what complements the dish you are making and tailor your hot sauce, because that's the theme here.

Begins Friday!

We've never focused on the sauce before, we've always done it the other way around. About time, for a hot sauce forum!

This is for fun and to turn people on to your creations, obviously, do not enter a product you are actually marketing unless you want to give out your recipe.

HMmmmmmm!!!!!   I have 2 great ideas from the 'Kid and the 'Dude....

what to do....what to do.......

Will I be DQ'd for entering 2 things?.......might be able to work them both into one presentation......

One is definitely a hot sauce type that would be purchased in the typical sauce bottle.  The other is a food sauce like marinara that makes a meal.

Can't let THIS one go by!!!!  :woohoo:

I think you should let the kid enter one of them... problem solved.

Oh YEA!!!!!   He described this great flavor profile and cooking technique.... He should totally do this!!!  

We have no fresh chiles other than store green jalapeno, Serrano and those omnipresent red chiles. :sigh:  Lots of dried chiles though!

I like it! Great time of year for this twist too! Folks on the dark grow side of the site pulling harvests and wondering what to do with all them peppers will enjoy watching all you pros whip up some killer sauces! Can't wait!

OH MAN, I am so in this one and RocketMom will be cooking right along side me. The rest of you might as well take the weekend off for a little VACA :) 

I've got a new twist to add.

You can make two entries ONLY if one is a dessert sauce. AND if more than one is entered, there will be a separate poll for the dessert sauces, so two crowns will be given!

I suggest EVERYONE enter a hot sauce and a hot dessert sauce. You'll have to make a separate entry post so the pictures do not confuse anybody. SAME rules apply. Make a sauce for a dessert, and make that dessert.

I see some very messy kitchens in the near future!

The hottest month of the year is dedicated to HOT SAUCE!

YOU CAN STILL BUY PODS ON THE FORUM AND GET THEM BY THIS WEEKEND! BUY NOW! MANY AMAZING SUPERHOTS FROM SOME OF THE BEST VENDORS!

sheesh-o-rama!!!!!!!!!!

Dessert Sauce!!!!!

oh my....oh my.....oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!

I'm on it!!!!

The focus is the sauce, not the entree, right? Or should I say, the PAIRING of the sauce with the entree/dessert.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back