• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scoville DeVille said:
So lemme get this straight "indirect outdoor cooking" so my George Foreman grill is out, but my exhaust manifold is in.

Protein, Proteins, multiple Proteins, extra pics allowed for more Proteins,... veggies welcome? You MUST be talking about eggs!

"Tapas = Small plates". Quail eggs slow cooked over the oil smoke exhaust manifold.

I got this.

hahahahahaha
I'm just gonna throw 7 diff kinds of beans in a bowl and set it in the sun.

Win.

That's direct, not indirect. You need shade and a mirror. ;)

If I set the bowl on something with a lot of thermal mass its direct and indirect and also 10 extra points.

This one is actually way out of my league. But it will be fun to watch and vote.

I'm In!  Just went to Hank's Market and got my inspiration!!!  :dance:

Scovie- I got dibs on the protein that's on the right end of the meat counter, lower shelf!  You can have any of the other meats in the case.   :P

:shh:

Think I am in hope I have time, friends in town from Boston, although I did just got two proteins and I just did some rust removal and repainted my fire box on my pit!

The Hot Pepper said:
 You need shade and a mirror. ;)

You know, this has caught my fancy. We'll see how motivated I actually get….. Of course, it could end up something for the crappy food thread instead of a TD.  ;)

It was obviously a joke. No inventive survival aspect to this. It's BBQ.

Why must I procrastinate so hard!? I'm going to the market tomorrow in hopes of a brisket
... what are the chances they'll even have one day before 4th... I'm thinking none, but then again I never tried.

HigherThisHeat said:
Why must I procrastinate so hard!? I'm going to the market tomorrow in hopes of a brisket
... what are the chances they'll even have one day before 4th... I'm thinking none, but then again I never tried.
They only had 3 left when I got mine, so 2 after me...one was a 20 pounder! If not doing 2 pork butts that would have been mine. Lady said they had only sold about 50 so far...

Well either way I'll come out with some sort of protein to smoke. Just not sure if it'll be one that fits the guidelines of this throwdown. I guess I could get some sausage stuff... We will see. I will report back tomorrow of what I acquire.

Now I have to learn the format I'm supposed to use for entering this here throwdown. Pictures of coins, and like a certain order of pictures. Ok, time to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back