• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Rajun' Cajun Cussin' Creole Cook

The Hot Pepper said:
Oh boy here we go.

There are 5 types of roux...

White, Blond, Peanut Butter, Chocolate, and Brick.
attachicon.gif
5_types_of_roux.jpg

Chocolate for me please.

its mix of French, Italian and Spanish...with an introduction of Mexican hot peppers ..

today i made a  super simple casserole.

pasta, went with shells....boiled al dente

browned up some chicken breast, added some homemade andoullie sausage, 

added onions and garlic still left over from the garden

tossed in frozen roasted green sweet bell peppers...yup garden again

sauces. i used a left over marina from a pizza i made earlier this week 

and some canned salsa ....you bet, both from the garden

mixy mix in a bowl, tossy toss with some farmers cheese , little parm, back into the cast iron pan, topped with cheddar, foil and cook in hot oven  till bubbley 

serve,

i added a some sriracha to mine 

i call it a WI Cajun fusion 

picture thing... not seeing photo host anywhere....  

Damm you! What is it tonight with all of you new people and NO gott dang pictures???

Yeah, we get the fusion thang, but I am here to say we NEED you to learn how to post pics!

Photobucket (or as I call it, Botophucket), free. Or EXTREME Membership here on THP, $30/year.

Get to it!!!

Chester! Dude! Your fusion totally just inspired me! I have homemade frozen tomato soup on the stove right this minute (gift from a client). It is about to meet my friends tortellini and cannellini. Not Cajun, I know. But inspired! Thanks for your posty! :D

Speaking of the fusion thang, was in Murfreesboro, TN two weeks ago and my company took me to a Cajun/Mexican fusion joint. Interesting to say the least, but it was less fusion and more like the menu was half cajun and half mexican. But it got me thinking. I'm seeing a crawfish etoufee burrito in my future.

Scoville DeVille said:
Damm you! What is it tonight with all of you new people and NO gott dang pictures???

Yeah, we get the fusion thang, but I am here to say we NEED you to learn how to post pics!

Photobucket (or as I call it, Botophucket), free. Or EXTREME Membership here on THP, $30/year.

Get to it!!!

+100000000
Where is the darn pics people???????

Get a Google+ account, load up the damn pics and post away.

Back