• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

"The Scovie Chronic-le"

We had the effin' spiders in Cheyenne & Phoenix too, uncovered a lot of them but saw 'em before they saw me.

What got me were the scorpions, stung twice. I still have a 3 inch dead spot on the outside of my left knee from kneeling down on one of the bastiges in '92. Don't envy you the widders n such.

Drink up. I'm on my 3rd bloody damned Mary...

:beer:

giphy.gif

:D

:cheers:

HHWiskey #3 is in the glass.

On another note, I thought I would share this. Back in the day I used to fiddle with art. NW Coast Indinan art to be more specific. Haida tribe to be even more specificer. Robert Davidson was my idol. We went to my in-laws earlier this week on Whidbey Island and I shot some pictures of a piece I did for them. It's a 48" convex relief carving on Yellow Alaskan Cedar. Thought maybe you'd like it.

'Raven With The World In It's Beak' (In Haida belief, Raven discovered man)

104_9626.jpg

104_9628.jpg

104_9639.jpg

I get it. NW Coast Indian art is VERY well known here. "Seattle" was in fact named after Chief Sealth. I never expect anyone on the internet to understand the language of the NW Indian culture but, it's very present here. "Neat" is just such a simple word.

No worries man, I appreciate your stopping by!

bc423d8aed42e002ff629c93099c7dc4.jpg

sealth.jpg

Seattle...

washington-cities-seattle-pioneer-square-historic-district-totem-poles-BG7TPJ.jpg

(Another nugget... the Smith Tower in the background was the tallest building West of the Mississippi until 1931).

Damn scorpions, I still shake out my boots before putting them on to this day. The big ones arent' bad. It's those little palm tree ones that will mess ya up. 

When I was a kid living in the desert we would catch scorpions and centipedes and put them in a jar to see who would win. Centipede always won. 

Scoville DeVille said:
"Seattle" was in fact named after Chief Sealth. I never expect anyone on the internet to understand the language of the NW Indian culture but, it's very present here.

Look up Anishinaabeg. Try learning that language. I live in the midst of it.

After #7 wears off, of course.....

Back